(2) Run Omega Run

Chapter 2.

CELIA

Groaning softly I opened my eyes slowly. The environment blurred a bit, but the more I blinked the clearer it got. That was when I was greeted with an unfamiliar room surrounding me. My eyes opened wide in fright, and I looked around the room, memorizing ever detail to figure out if I was kidnapped.

I was placed gently under the covers of a navy blue bed, perfectly tucked in. The walls were a soft grey color and the door directly in front of me was black. Around me were different types of furniture such as dressers, desks, nightstands, and even a huge TV. Pictures around the room showed a stage of someone's childhood to present day. There was even one of a hockey player holding up some big trophy. Then there was a picture of a man carrying a little girl on his shoulders and a girl a little younger then him by his side. In some he was smiling, but most was him with a straight face, not even looking at the camera.

I heard movement in the room and looked around to see a figure facing away from me in the desk. He was mumbling some words that I couldn't make out clearly, but I could tell her was annoyed about something. Papers were spread out around the large desk, and he would constantly move them around into different piles. The man let out a growl in annoyance and at first I thought he knew that I was awake, but then I heard him toss a crumpled paper in the garbage and take out a laptop.

Carefully, I threw the blankets covering me off and shifted to the side farthest from him. Since he was on the right side of the room, I went to the left. The moment my feet touched the wood floor, I saw his ears perk up and his head move a bit. I stay still, and he soon shrugged it off and resumed his tense position.

When I stood up I instantly regretted it. My muscles screamed at me to sit back down and relax, but I wouldn't let that happen. I was dressed in a silk nightgown that went just below my knees and was surprisingly comfortable. Looking at my body, I realized almost all the scratched were healed and were just a faint mark. Disappointingly my left arm was in a cast and sling, and my shoulder had a large gauze pad taped on it.

With one last look at the concentrating man, I quietly made my way to the door. His back was still to me and when I was at least a foot in front of the door I turned one last time. My eyes widened in fear when he wasn't in the office chair anymore. Taking my chances I grabbed the doorknob and prepared to run out the door when a figure was stopped me.

There was a man standing in between the door and myself. His form was tense and a little confused when I stepped away. My heart pounding a million miles a minute didn't stop my overwhelmed mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he heard it load and clear. His expression was emotionless and firm. He must've been important with his large muscles and frame.

"Rest, you'll hurt yourself." He commanded and I shivered at his voice. A smug look crossed his face when he noticed. "Your body is already reacting to me, good."

"What do you want from me?" I trembled, taking a step back which resulted in him taking one forward. "I won't t-tell anyone I was here. You can let me go."

Confusion crossed his face and I faintly heard him say. "What did Sheila do to you?" However before I could ask anything his face became firm and he spoke again. "Rest. I'll come for you in a bit, I have things to do."

I didn't move and he soon became irritated. When I saw this, I walked back to the warm bed and sat in the middle. He nodded in a small thanks and left the room, carrying a few papers in his hand. Crossing my ankles, I hugged my knees close to my chest. Where was I? What will he do to me? I was being carried off, and that was the last thing I remembered.