(12) Run Omega Run

Chapter 12

I lay painfully on Cooper’s bed aching terribly from my abdomen to my back. I curse Mother Nature for forcing women to go through this every single month. Remind me to kick her ass in the future when I’m buried six feet under. For some odd reason this month is probably the worse and I just wish it could magically disappear.

Cooper’s out and about doing god knows what around the territory, like always. The only time when I need to be distracted, Cooper and I decided to avoid each other at all costs. Does he even know that I’m on my period or is it just the female? I wonder if he feels my pain, he deserves it anyway for not even talking to me ever since I had my hallucination, which was five days ago.

Paige is doing perfectly fine and can’t wait for Christmas which is when her mate is coming back from his hunt. She’s somehow managed to keep the secret of her pregnancy under wraps and I know Emilia will explode with joy once she finds out. Adam is in for one big explosion coming his way, that’s for sure.

Face planting the pillow, I ignore the noise of the door opening and resume my groaning and whimpering every once in a while. Can I shoot the darn woman for creating this stupid curse, please? My cramps were never this bad so frankly, I’m worried. I could be dying for all I know and Coopers completely ignoring me.

“You look like a mess,” he chuckles and I look up, “love.”

“Very funny Jeremy.” I laugh humorlessly and pick up my head that’s still covered with a nasty case of bed head. “What are you doing here?”

“Cooper wanted to make sure you were okay, I heard you guys weren’t on speaking conditions so I happily obligated.” Happy to know my mate still cares, even if he’s probably five miles away from me.

“Tell him I’m likely dying, and I’m currently in the worst pain in my entire life. Explain to Cooper the plan of how I will avenge my death to Mother Nature once I die of her evil spell.” I half joke before ramming my head back into the pillow and shifting into a fetal position.

“Your funeral.” Jeremy shrugged and remained silent for about two minutes. “Have fun dealing with Satin.”

“Later my hell hound.” I stated before closing my eyes and letting out a loud growl of pain and softly cursing under my breath.

I heard the soft click of the door close and I relaxed once I was finally alone. Over the past few days I have noticed how bad my PTSD really is since I’ve really been avoiding people lately. I haven’t checked up on Paige in a while and I haven’t spoken to Sage since I got home from the stupid stunt I had pulled. Emilia completely slipped my mind and I remember her bringing up something about taking me shopping for clothes.

Jumping up from the bed when the door slammed open I ironically landed on the floor. Oh happy, happy day for me; note the sarcasm. I picked the upper half of my body and looked up at the door. There stood my mate, smiling like an idiot down at me. Cooper looked up and down my body to make sure I wasn’t hurt before letting out a chuckle.

Narrowing my eyes at him I spoke. “What are you doing here? I thought you didn’t want to talk to me after you found out a small part of my messed up life?”

“So it was true.” He nodded his head and looked down at his shoes. “I know what’s wrong with you.” I raised an eyebrow and waved my hand for him to continue. “It’s what all females go through when they’re near the time of their heat.”

“Huh?” I asked staring at him strangely as if he grew two heads.

“Between your time of the month now and the next one next month, you’ll be going into heat.” My mate explained looking godly uncomfortable. Cooper scratched the back of his neck that I knew was growing red. “It’s the time when we have to mate.”