(27) Run Omega Run

Chapter 27.

            I looked up from the current book I was reading and glared at her. She was leaning against the doorframe, trying to hold the weight she was carrying. Of course, she could stand, she was only carrying one little baby. It was unfortunate for me since I had to carry two and had to endure being kicked and punched round-the-clock.

"Don't even mention it. I am not happy with Cooper's arrangement," I snapped, licking my finger dramatically and flipping the page.

It was stressful for me because if one of the wolf spirits died inside me, the human child required to have it would too. Another problem was, if the human baby dies as well, the spirits would die. If the two wolf spirits went into the same child, then both children would die the one without the wolf spirit and the one with both wolf spirits claiming the body. Multiple births come with more challenges than a single birth. Right now, there wasn't much I could do but hope for the best.

After finding out I was pregnant on Christmas, Sheila officially told me how far along I was. Now, two months later after the war, I am now about four months pregnant. She had informed me of my due date, but it's a little strange. I mean, they're supposed to be born on Thanksgiving, which would be my tenth month. That's a month longer than the normal nine months. I had asked Cooper about this and he had explained that a wolf baby, unlike a human baby, would need more time to develop its strength. Considering he's an alpha, our sons need more time to develop to be sure they would inherit his alpha blood, thus securing bloodline. . It made no sense to me, but I guess that's that. With twins, the process would usually take longer for the bonds to form. The extra time would also provide the Moon Goddess to make the decision for our sons. She controlled what was happening inside me, so she decided when I would give birth.

"Calm your hormones." Trixie laughed at Paige's comments and wobbled in.

I asked, my eyebrow-raising and my mate's sister

Paige's baby was due around the end of June may be July but it all would depend on her boy. I thought she's six months along, but it's difficult to remember with almost all the women I talk to being pregnant. Every pregnant female preferred to have a girl because then they could match their daughters with my sons move up a rank higher in the pack, which I couldn't really blame them for. Cooper got really mad over it, but I managed to calm him down.

"Yeah." Paige shrugged before taking Trixie's hand and lying down on the bed with me. "But I hate my room. It's crammed with so many baby gifts."

Paige has given a surprise baby shower a few weeks ago, much to her annoyance. Her hormones caused enough problems at the restaurant since she thought Adam was going to propose to her. He didn't, but she was still happy the pack was celebrating her little accident at such a young age.

"Mine too ever since we told the pack we're having a boy. Jeremy doesn't know what to do with them." Trixie added, patting my hand gently. She wasn't as large as me and Paige, but she was only carrying one baby.

After the war, Trixie and Jeremy went with the warriors to scope out their new land. She found some of her old pack members from when she was little and invited them to join. They accepted without a second thought. Only a few people from Blood Moon left after having the name changed and the location being expanded. They turned rogue and joined a pack of rogues in the east.

They went on a small honeymoon to a place called Bermuda and requested for their Beta to watch over the pack. This beta, was Malcolm, my old friend who had threatened my life. I was surprised by Trixie's action, so I went to confront him about it. After a long discussion with him, he told me that he never trusted Alpha Zaire. The rogues that had rescued him were part of Warner's pack. Malcolm used his position in Blood Moon to tell Alpha Zaire to hire rogues, sparking the idea. Malcolm explained that he was protecting me, explaining that the rogues Alpha Zaire had hired were only loyal to him and Warner. Some turned against him, but others remained loyal to him. The reason for his protection was that the girl Savannah I had played music for didn't believe the accusations against me. For some reason, he believed her. Cooper let him go so he could reclaim his position and be a well-appreciated ally with Trixie's pack.