(34) Run Omega Run

Chapter 34.

Ayana was dressed in a black robe with a black hood that had almost hidden her face. However, I could still see her fogged eyes. I looked over at him to see his jaw tick, and his fists clenched and unclenched. A low, deadly growl escaped his lips which made her jump in surprise at the noise.

"Pleasure to meet you, Alpha Cooper, and it's nice to hear your voice again, Celia." She let out a toothless smile and turned to where she thought we were, which was a little more to the left. "Your daughter feels beautiful." To our disgust, she ran her hand along Penelope's face.

"Don't you dare touch her!" I seethed, taking a step forward, only for Ayana to push me back with her magic so I was pinned against the door.

Cooper growled and charged at her, only for him to receive the same fate I did, only rougher. He groaned. We were both standing, sizing her up to find any form of a weak spot.

"Let's make another deal." I cried. "Please, I beg of you."

"I don't listen to dogs who beg," Ayana snapped before clicking her fingers. The wind picked up in our room and began to circle around her and Penelope.

At that moment, Penelope woke up from her slumber and let out a cry when she realized I wasn't holding her. I went running again but ended up having the curtains restrained me. Tugging and pulling only made it worse. I looked at Cooper for help. He made another move, and Ayana lifted her hands up, creating cuffs that held him to the door.

"No!" I cried, feeling more tears spill. "Please don't take my baby! I need my daughter. My Penelope. You can't do this."

"We made a deal." Ayana laughed, holding Penelope closer to her.

"You heartless, bitch!" Cooper snarled and I turned to look at his glowing eyes. His wolf was coming out, surfacing to the point that his teeth were growing and his claws were fully grown.

The wind had now created a tornado around Ayana and Penelope and I could hardly see them anymore. My tears were pushed off my face due to the wind, and my white hair was flying everywhere. This couldn't be it, this couldn't be the last moment I see my daughter. I won't allow it. I would never forgive myself.

"Good luck finding her where the darkest place is where the sun shines brightly." Ayana hinted and, at that moment, with one howl of the wind, everything stopped.

And they were gone.

The curtains had released me, and Cooper was free from his restraints. At that moment, I dropped to my knees, as realization hit me.

"No." I sighed, before going rabid with tears and shouts. "No! No! No! Please ..."

My lip trembled, and I let out a loud cry, banging my head against the floor. Cooper bent down and took my body in his arms. He cradled me, trying to give me some support, but the shaky breath and soft gasps told me he was crying as well.

"Penelope. No!" I cried. "My baby. No!"

"Celia ..." Cooper whispered, trying to help me get up. I pushed his arms away and lied down on the floor, banging my head against it. "Celia, please..."

"Why? Why am I so stupid?" I bellowed, shaking my head. "I'm so selfish. I never should've made that deal! This is my fault. All my god damn fault."

"Baby, Celia, just—" I stopped Cooper from completing his sentence and sat up.

"What are you going to say?" I shouted, pushing him away. "That it isn't my fault that my daughter is gone? That I may never ... That she could ..." I couldn't finish any of my sentences.