0.2 | Hanging Out

Chresanto opened the door, revealing his soon-to-be ex-wife. He steps aside, letting her in.

Lorenzo hugs his mother as Chresanto gets the completely filled out divorce papers, handing them to Aaliyah. "You're really just gonna let me go?"

"Yeah. You cheated on me, I'm not getting down on my hands and knees and begging you to stay. I've already packed the rest of your stuff." He answers.

She looks down with tears in her eyes. She had planned to go be with the man she was having an affair with, the father of the child she was carrying, but he didn't want a serious relationship.

Had she known that, she would have never told Chresanto and made him believe the child was his. But it was too late now, she'd have to try and repair the relationship now. She needs some source of income and a place to stay.

"Maybe we can fix this." She suggests.

"It's being fixed with the divorce." Chresanto stares at her blankly.

"But, I love-"

"Lie to me. I dare you." He glares at her. He grabs a bag off the couch, tossing it to her.

"What's this?" She questions.

"Everything you bought yourself and everything I bought you that you've already worn and don't have the price tags." He answers. The rest of the clothes, shoes and all the jewelry will either go back to store, donations, or he will give it away.

"What?"

"You heard me. You aren't getting another dime out of me." He tells her.

"But, what about Lorenzo?" She asks. He had gone to get the picture he drew for his mother.

"He will be in my custody permanently and you'll be the one responsible for child support. But you can keep your money, I don't need it."

"Don't I get half of everything?" She smirks.

"You get what's on your half of the prenup." He says, still with no emotion towards her.

The smirk is replaced by a frown. "We have a prenup?"

"Yeah. I came into this relationship with happiness, wealth, businesses and this house. I'm leaving this relationship with all of the above and a son." He answers.

And that's what he does.

-Eight Months Later-

Now Chresanto and Alexandria are the best of friends, Lorenzo loves her as well.

"Alex!" Lorenzo cheers as he opens the door.

"Lorenzo, what did I say about opening the door without me?" Chresanto walks up behind him.

"It's Alex, daddy. I seen her through the window." He looks up at Chresanto.

"But what if it wasn't?" He asks his son.

"Then I wouldn't have answered it. I seen through the window."

Deciding to cut in, Alex laughs. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah." Chresanto chuckles, opening the door the rest of the way.

"Thanks. Merry Christmas." She hands him the bag.

"Merry Christmas." He takes it.

She walks to the kitchen, seeing the multiple pots in the sink and some still on the stove. "Excuse the mess, I'm still cooking."

Alex sends him a smile, "Need any help?"

"I could use some help. The cake needs icing."

Alex smiles, going over to the cake. She begins icing it while Chresanto continues to cook.