1.5 | Fake Date

Double update? The next chapter is finished. Its over 2,000 words. This one is only a thousand and a couple hundred.

Sorry it's short. Enjoy.

"Remember, you're coming home with me." Alex grabs my collar.

"Of course." I nod, kissing her lips. "I promise, I'll make sure we don't kiss."

"Okay." She smiles.

"Give me one for the road." I tap my lips.

She connects our lips, and we kiss for a long time.

"Bro, we have- Okay, woah. I'll come back in a couple minutes." I hear Jacob say, but Alex doesn't let me turn around.

I chuckle, "Baby, we're grossing out our guest."

"Sorry, had to make sure you know your mine." She wipes her lip gloss off of my lips.

"I know." I nod. "I would never cheat on you."

"I know." She smiles. "I love you."

"I love you more, sugar bear."

"Hurry home, honey bun. Melody still wants you to take her shopping."

"I will." I promise.

--

"Hey, Lay." I smile.

"Hey." She hugs me.

"I missed you." I wrap my arms around her.

"Believe me, I really missed you." She smiles.

I pull her seat out, pushing it in when she sits down.

When the waiter gets to the table, I order for her, knowing she was expecting me to.

"What made you change your mind?" Aaliyah asks.

"Seeing you after the car accident. You looked so upset. And the fact that you're trying to make up with Alex after the way she's treated you."

"I knew you would realize she was the problem." Aaliyah smiles. "I'm sorry for having an affair."

"I'm willing to look past all of that, baby. Just promise you'll never do it again." I reach across the table and take her hand.

"Of course not. You're my only one." She smiles.

I bite my bottom lip, looking at her intently. "What's the craziest thing you've ever done for me?"

"Probably slicing that girl's tires in our sophomore year of college." She smiles.

"That's it?" I frown. "I've been stabbed for you."

"I can be crazier though. You're not gonna believe what I have to tell you later."

"What is it?" I ask.

"Lets go somewhere quiet. I'll tell you all about it." She smiles.

I nod, waving the waiter down for our check, telling him we'll be taking the food to go.

After a while, we sit outside, completely alone.

"Alex isn't right for you, Chres." Aaliyah sighs, grabbing my hand.

"And?" I ask.

"I was trying to get you away from her." She pouts. "I talked to her ex, but he couldn't help me because he was in jail."

"Help you with what?"

"The car accident wasn't an accident." She giggles. "I was trying to get rid of her, but someone saw the car roll down the hill and called for help. I could have said no one else was in the car, but they would have check anyway. Then I would have looked guilty."