1.2 | Annoying Ex's

"Aaliyah wants to see Enzo." Chres tells me.

"Can she meet us somewhere? I kind of don't want her to know where we live." I tell him.

"I was thinking the same thing." He chuckles. "I told her to meet us at McDonald's. The one in town with the playground built in."

"Okay." I smile. "Do you want me and Melody to go or stay here?"

"It wouldn't be right if I didn't bring my princess and my queen." He tells me.

"We'll get ready then." I stand up, going to help Melody get ready.

--

"Daddy, can you help me open my toy?" Melody asks him.

"Mommy wants you and Melo to eat first." He tells her.

"Okay." She sighs.

"You want an ice cream?" He asks her.

"Yes, please." She nods, now smiling.

"Enzo, do you want an ice cream?" He asks him.

"Yes, please." He smiles.

"Baby, do you want one?" He asks me.

"Yea-" Aaliyah had started to answer, so I cut myself off.

"I would love one."

"Then you should get one. I was talking to my fiancè." He tells her.

"Yes, please. Thank you." I smile.

He leaves the booth, going to get our ice creams. "I had him first." Aaliyah rolls her eyes.

"You had him first. I have him now." I laugh. "You messed up a relationship with an amazing man. I won't be making the mistakes you did."

"Mommy, look at daddy." Melody laughs.

I look up, seeing Chres making silly faces at Melody and Enzo. They were laughing so much I almost didn't here Aaliyah's comment. Almost.

"He's not you're dad, brat."

Before I can take a breath, Melody stands up for herself. "And you're not cute. Find some clothes on your own size, doll. Baby clothes are for babies."

I try not to laugh, pretending I didn't hear it. I'm not scolding my baby for standing up for herself. "And by the way, that baby on your lap isn't his either. But I bet you wish he was, huh?" I ask.

"Mind your own business." She rolls her eyes.

"Then instead of you trying to put down a three year old, grow up and have some respect. Mind your business and worry about your child's father." I snap.

"The father of my child is well respected." She turns her nose up.

"Yeah? The father of my children is very respectable. He's the man standing right there. He fought to protect our country. It's a shame his wife didn't appreciate him and cheated on him. He's the best man a woman could dream of." I tell her.

She looks at me with hate in her eyes, but I shrug. "Enzo, do you need me to cut your burger?" I ask him. He likes his sandwiches cut in fourths.

"Yes, please." He nods.

I cut it up for him, and he thanks me. "Mommy, can you cut mine?" Melody asks.

"Yes, sweetie." I cut up her's as well.

"Guess what?" Melody asks.

"What?" I smile.

"I love you, mommy." She hugs me.