Chapter 25: The Lawyer

Mr. Cheon's son drove us back to the café where my brother thanked him before he left. The three of us went upstairs to the apartment. My brother left Gunhee in charge of the café for the time being.

"Is your mom on her way?" My brother asked Wonho.

"Yes she is hyung. She'll be arriving any time soon."

"Okay. Get my laptop and insert that CD. I'll wait downstairs for Wonho's mom to arrive so I can take her up here. I've also called our lawyer and he said he'll be right here as soon as he can."

"Okay oppa. I'll get your laptop now." Wonho and I went to my brother's room while my brother went back outside. Wonho grabbed my brother's laptop, went back to the living room and placed it on the table. I turned it on and inserted the CD.

"Now we wait." I said.

"Yeah, we wait."

"Yah, are you okay?" I asked.

"Me? Um, yeah of course... Just, really..."

"Relieved?"

"Yes, that's the right word. I have no reason to be angry at my dad in the first place. Our family can be complete again, and it's all thanks to you." Wonho said to me.

"You also did your part. Not just me. We both did something good for both our families."

"I'm really blessed to have you as my girlfriend."

"And I'm also thankful to have you as my boyfriend."

We both smiled at each other as he placed his arm around me and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Let's always be together, okay?" he said.

"Of course. Why shouldn't we be? Ah right! We didn't have any breakfast yet! Let's eat while waiting?"

"Now that you mentioned it, I'm really starving. Sure!"

Half an hour later, Wonho's mom arrived and all four of us were in the living room, right in front of the laptop.

"Where's our lawyer?" I asked my brother.

"He said he's near now. I told him to come up here and knock."

"Mom, are you ready?" Wonho asked her.

"I sure hope so."

I clicked play.

The footage of that fateful night played once more. My brother and I noticed how Wonho's mom held on tight to him all the time. Tears started coming down from her eyes. And when her husband's car hits our parents' car, she faints prompting all of us to help Wonho lay her on the couch. My brother paused the video first while I quickly grabbed a glass of water for her to drink when she wakes up. She did eventually wake up a few minutes later.

"Eomma! Are you okay now?!" Wonho asked.

"Ye-yes... Water..."

"Here, drink up." He gave her the glass of water.

"... Thank you... Let's watch the rest..."

"Are you sure ma'am?" My brother asked.

"Yes please... I'll be fine now."

My brother resumed the video and we watched the rest of the video until the end.

"So, your father is really innocent?"

"Yes mom! He really is!"

The two hugs each other with tears in their eyes. My brother and I also had teary eyes as we watched the two. Then someone knocks on the door.