Chapter 25

I took a deep breath to see Ashton standing there, tears rolling down his cheeks. I looked down at the ground, I said nothing and neither did he. The silence was broken after a while. "Do you really think I only hang out with you because I feel sorry for you...?" He asked, his voice shaking and nothing more than a whisper. I nodded, not wanting to say anything. "No one's giving up on you, Autumn. At least not me..." Once again his voice a whisper.

I finally got the guts to look up at him again, tears were still rolling down his cheeks, I hated to see him sad... I actually hate too see anyone sad, because I know how it feels to be sad... and I don't think anyone deserves to feel that way.

"Have you ever thought about taking your own life?" I asked, staring straight into Ashton's eyes. He looked down at the ground and he shook his head no. "Well I did. I do it all the time." I said and he looked up at me again. "Can I show you something?" I nodded slowly at his question and followed him. We walked into the woods, it was dark and chilly. Ashton suddenly walked off of the path and I bit my lip. Should I follow him?

I sighed and nodded to myself before following Ash. He walked for a while until we came to an isolated part of the woods. But it was extremely beautiful.

The air seemed more fresh and there was one bench, it looked old and a bit broken. There was a small pond and a set of swings. It looked abandoned but somewhat beautifull in a way. I stared at the pretty flowers, light softly running through the tree's onto the flowers. Ashton looked at me and smiled weakly.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asked me and I nodded, speechless. "It's a little broken and sad but beautifull in every single way." I breathed out. "Just like you huh, Autumn?" He asked and I looked down.

"Only difference is I'm not beautiful." I whispered and he pulled me into a hug, suprising me at first but after a couple of seconds I hugged him back. "It's okay to cry, Autumn. You don't have to keep it all bottled up inside." He said kissing the top of my head. I sobbed into his chest quietly. "You know that I know what it's like right? Too feel alone?" He whispered and I nodded slowly. I got my head out of his chest and stared into his eyes. He leaned in slowly and I took a step back. "I-I'm s-sorry." He stuttered and I looked down. "I just don't want to be hurt again..." My voice was nothing more than a whisper and Ashton took a step foreward.

"I'll never hurt you." He whispered before cupping my cheeks and pressing his lips onto mine.