Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - The Forest Girl

"So... I have to ask, how did you do that?" asked Koda as he carried Kiara.

"I don't know it just kind of comes to me as a picture in my head." replied Kiara resting her head on his shoulder.

"Well, I bet you can't shoot a bow better than me!" said Koda challenging Kiara.

"The River Otter clan leader has forbidden me to use any kind of weapon other than a cooking knife, so no, I probably can't shoot a bow better than you." She replied,

"Oh, sorry I didn't know," said Koda, as he set Kiara down on a large rock, they had been walking for a while and his arms were getting tired.

"Don't be, it's so stupid, the River Otter leader says it's because I have great power that can be used in the wrong way. It's weird though, for some reason I always feel drawn to my mother's bow every time I see it." Replied Kiara,

"That must suck. I love hunting, I can't imagine never being able to!" said Koda,

"Well that's why I was hiding in that stupid tree... I go out and hunt on my own with Alue, and Luca. I was afraid that you were a River Otter hunting party that brought a dog along to look for me, but it turns out it was just a boy who has to sit and wait for me to fall out of a tree." She said with annoyance.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh! That's right I'm hunting for you Kiara!" Koda said in a funny voice, and Kiara started laughing. Kiara then realized that this was the first time she had laughed since her mother died. Suddenly Koda pushed her over onto her back and started tickling her sides.

"You look tasty, so I'm going to eat you!" he said as he tickled her.

"Ha! Ha! No! No, Koda! Don't eat me!" Kiara screamed between laughs.

"Grrrr, I'm hungry for Kiara!" Koda growled playfully.

"No! Stop! Uh-ha! Stop it Koda! I-I ... can't! Uh-ha! Breathe!" Kiara said trying to suck in some air.

"Okay, fine, but just for a second." Koda said with a smile, propping himself up on his hands and knees overtop of her. He looked at her under him, and he noticed her looks for the first time; she had long, elegant, dark brown hair with cute little bangs that fell into her face covering her eyes, her eyes were so beautiful. The first time he had seen her they were such a wolf grey, but now they were a beautiful bright blue.

"You have pretty eyes." Koda mumbled 'ugh I'm such an idiot! Why did I say that! Control your mouth!' he thought to himself.

"Really, I do? Thanks! So are yours." replied Kiara who was getting a little red in the face.

"Ugh, that was a stupid thing to say." Koda mumbled, forgetting that Kiara could hear him.

"Actually, I thought it was a very sweet thing to say." said Kiara, as she leaned up and gave him a sweet little kiss on the cheek. She put her head back down on the ground and looked up at Koda who was now extremely red and had a silly grin on his face.

Koda rolled off of her and rested on his side looking away and felt her side lean up against him. 'Wow Koda, she just kissed you on the cheek, and you did nothing! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!' he thought. Koda couldn't believe he had just met her; it was like he had known her his whole life. She was the first girl he had ever really spoken to, let alone had fun with. He felt warm when he was with her. 'There's no way she'd survive with a bad ankle, she had to out run the clans which would come after her to kill her, she doesn't know how to use a weapon. The only things she has is two wolves and her cooking skills, and me, she has me!' That was the moment he understood, he had run after his wolf Echo, and found her. The World Spirit wanted him to help her and he felt it, there was a strong connection between them. It all made sense, he was the son of the Spirit Walker and she was the Forest Girl. This was his destiny, he was to protect her, he was born to protect the Forest Girl.

Picture Link (On the side aswell)

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2014/244/c/7/20140126_165809_by_qatd5y-d7xlzv0.jpg