Chapter 26

Chapter 26 – By the River

Koda tossed and turned in his sleeping sack. He couldn’t stop worrying about Kiara. ‘What if Eostra killed her?’ He shook the thought out of his head and got out of his sleeping sack. ‘I need to go for a walk.’

Koda walked along a dirt path not knowing where it would take him, but he didn’t care, if he got lost he would just call for Echo or Alue to lead him back to the camp.

Koda heard the babbling of a stream nearby and headed toward it. Koda sat down on a large bolder and stared into the river. When Koda looked up he realized he had been staring at the stream longer than what he thought, because the sky was staring to turn red. Koda stood up and saw a figure move. He froze in his tracks, and slowly turned his head. His eyes met the dark brown ones of a big muscular brown horse. That’s when it hit him, where was storm, if he and Delsin road Storm they would get there in two days instead of a week. Koda stepped towards the horse, expecting it to bolt, but it didn’t, instead the stallion stood his ground. Koda slowly walked across the stream and stood a few feet away from the horse. Koda reached out his hand like he had with Storm and the stallion’s ears flicked back. Koda pulled back his hand on instinct.

“Koda,” he heard a voice echo through his head.

“Kiara,” Koda huffed under his breath.

“Koda, you are the son of the Spirit Walker.”

‘Yes my father Spirit Walked in a forest horse.” He thought quietly. He remembered his father saying he had to fight for dominance.

He had to do this to save Kiara. This would be the only way, if they walked he would be too late. Kiara would be long dead and Eostra would be unstoppable.

Koda worked up some courage and slowly walked to the stallion’s side. He was an arm’s reach away from the horse’s side, and he knew what he had to do. Koda took a deep breath and lunched himself onto the horse’s back. Koda quickly tangled his fingers into the stallion’s mane. The stallion reared and smashed his front hooves into the water. Then it ran through the trees twisting and turning, trying to throw Koda off, but Koda held on tight. The stallion galloped out of the forest. Koda looked up and saw the earth disappear up ahead. The stallion was heading straight for the ledge and wasn’t planning to stop. 

Hey guy! Are you as excited as I am... THATS RIGHT 3 UPLOADS IN A DAY!!!!!!!! IN YOUR FACE HOMEWORK!!!!! WHO'S GETTIN S*** DONE NOW!!!!!! SORRY ABOUT THE LANGUAGE.... IM JUST HOMEWORK FREEEEEEE THIS WEEKEND SO I MIGHT GET TO UPLOAD AGAIN!!!!! KEEEEP READIN