Chapter 29

Chapter 29 - Inside the Mountain Of Ghosts

Kiara Stumbled as she tried to keep her balance, the snow was knee deep and she was cold, so cold that her feet were numb. She was tired and her head ached from the yowling wind whipping through her hair and stinging her cold, bare, arms. Her wrists were warm with blood from the tight rope that was binding them together. The women that had the other end of the rope stopped up ahead and pushed a bolder away, reveling a narrow tunnel. Kiara didn’t know if she should feel relived or terrified; the tunnel would probably be warmer but once she was in there would be no escape. The women pulled on the rope that bound her wrists, causing Kiara to stumble forward and fall face first into the cold snow. The women laughed as Kiara stood up from the snow. The women started to walk into the tunnel, forcing Kiara to fallow. The tunnel was warm and moist, and smelt terrible. Kiara could feel her toes again and her arms started to defrost, as they walked down the dark tunnel. Kiara noted that the tunnel got wider the farther they walked.

Suddenly the tunnel started to get lighter, they turned a corner and the most terrible smell hit her. Kiara looked around at the cavern that was light by torches. Kiara saw a dark red on the floor; blood. The smell the blood, it all made sense, she was going to kill her. Kiara’s thoughts raced franticly, ‘How many people has she killed in hear? How am I going to escape?!’

Kiara franticly looked around the cavern, any major source of light, from the moon or sun, would help, but she couldn’t find anything. Kiara turned and tried to run back up the tunnel but the women held the ropes. Kiara turned her head to look behind her, and saw the women’s figure. She felt something hit her head, then it all went black.