Chapter 30

Chapter 30 – Daughter Of Eostra

Kiara woke up and pain exploded in her head. She felt her arms tied behind her back around a stone pillar that reached the top of the cavern. Kiara saw four clay bowels in front of her forming a half circle around her. One clay bowel was empty but the others were filled with dirt, water and fire. The women approached Kiara, in her hand was another clay bowel with clear liquid in it. The women knelt down in front of her and grabbed her chin. The women attempted to put the liquid on Kiara’s face, but Kiara jerked her head back and forth. Kiara kicked out at the women and kicked her in the stomach, causing the women to take a step back.

“Who are you?! Where am I?! What do you want from me?! Let me go!” Kiara screamed.

“Now, now, there is no point in struggling, it won’t help you. Nothing can help you now. You are inside the Mountain of Ghosts. There is no way out.” The women said, as she grabbed Kiara’s face again, but she still struggled against her. “Alright, I guess I won’t clean the blood off of your face.”

“Who are you?!” demanded Kiara,

“I am Asteria daughter of Eostra.”

“Liar! Eostra doesn’t have a daughter! Torak killed her before she did!”

“Kiara dear, you know so little, it’s pathetic. Eostra’s mate was Thiazzi, the Oak mage, they had me when they learned that the Spirit Walker was born. Eostra taught me everything she knew. She knew that Torak would kill her, she saw it through her magecraft. When Torak killed the demon bear they sent me away, to the Dark Clans. They taught me something more powerful than magecraft. They taught me Dark magic.

“There is no such thing as magic! It is just a mind trick.” Kiara stated proudly.

“Yes, there is mind trick magic, but I am talking about elemental magic.” Asteria said as she walked over to a stone table that had clay bowls on it as well.

“I don’t believe you, there is no such thing!” Kiara shouted.

“Pathetic, how could the World Spirit give such power to a child? Seems that the River Otter mage kept her promise well. I will have to thank her for that. She is from the Dark Clans as well. She has made this so easy for me, she refused to train you, or give you the knowledge about your power. You have absolutely no clue what you can do, or what you are! When I take your power from you, I will be stronger than my mother! With your elemental magic, and my caster magic, I will be indestructible.” Asteria continued.

“No, I won’t let you have it!” Kiara spat at Asteria.

“My dear, you don’t have a choice, thanks to your mother. She couldn’t have made it any easier for me. She knew she had to teach you, but she didn’t, then she handed you to a member of the Dark Clans. You have no idea how to control it, so you can’t contain it either!” Asteria replied.

“I will have your power, Forest Girl, and you can’t stop me.”