Chapter 34

Chapter 34 – Heal and Seal

Kiara knelt beside Koda’s dead body on the sandy shore of a crystal clear lake. Kiara slowly unwrapped the blood soaked cloth from Koda’s center, and saw that the bleeding had stopped. Kiara slowly washed the dried blood off the wound, and saw the large gash in his stomach. She felt sick from looking at it. Kiara took off her parka and placed it on the ground beside her. She took Koda’s cold lifeless hand and held it between her palms. She closed her eyes memories flooded her head.

Kiara remembered everything. She remembered the first time he had held her hand. He had grabbed her hand to help her up off the ground. She remembered how he had been ready to catch her when she had tried to walk. She remembered how he had carried her back to the camp, and how she got lost when she first looked into his eyes, eyes that she would only dream to see again. She remembered how she had rolled in the grass when he tickled her, and the silly grin that spread across his face when she had kissed him on the cheek. Kiara remembered how he had held her when she cried in pain and how he had kissed her forehead goodnight. She remembered how he had scared her behind the shelter, and how he caught her when she tripped over her own feet. She remembered how he had ran after her when he saw her leaving. How he had wiped the tears off her cheeks, as he gently kissed her goodbye. She remembered how he had given her his head band, the one she now had tied to her wrist. She remembered the oath he made to find her, or die trying. She remembered how nervous he looked when he asked her to be his mate, and how his face lit up with his signature grin grew on his face when she had said yes.

Kiara’s feet splashed into the water as she collapsed on to Koda’s cold chest. She sobbed into his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his neck.

The memories of him flooded back into her mind once again; how he had laughed at her for being frightened by the loud thunder. She remembered the warmth and comfort of his bare chest on her back as he curled up with her in her sleeping sack.

“I would do anything to have all that again, I wish I could have saved you.” She quietly sobbed into his cold shoulder.

Kiara felt something cold creeping up her legs, and her head shot up off of Koda’s shoulder. She looked down at her legs and saw the lake water climbing up them. Kiara placed a hand on her leg in front of the water’s path. The water slowly climbed onto her hand, up her arm, across her shoulder blades and down her other arm. The water climbed off her hand that was placed on Koda’s chest and on to his skin. The water swirled around the gash on his chest and it started to heal. Kiara stared in shock, this couldn’t be happening, it had happened to her leg but how? Suddenly the water entered the wound, and the skin drew together and sealed the gash with a scar in its place.

Suddenly a gasp came from Koda’s lips and his eyes shot open. Kiara sat there for a moment, pale as a ghost and tried to shake herself back to reality. Koda looked at Kiara with shock and confusion.

“Kiara your safe! What happened, I don’t remember, wait didn’t I get stabbed?!” Koda spoke quickly as his hand fell to the scar and looked at it in amazement. “Kiara are you okay?” He continued as he looked at her and saw her pale face.

“You… You were … dead …” She spoke between breaths, as she staring into space. Koda put a hand on her face and looked into her eyes, they were grey, but full of fear.

“Kiara, look at me.” Koda said quietly as he gripped the sides of her face and moved so he sat in front of her, but her eyes stayed fixed to the ground where he had been lying. “Kiara!” he shouted, making her eyes snap to his.

“Kiara, I don’t know what happened back there but all I know is that I am here and you are safe, that is all that matters to me.” He said as he wiped the tears from her cheeks. Koda planted a gentle but firm kiss on her lips, and sighed. “I thought I’d never get to do that again.” He said smiling, and Kiara sighed and smiled in return.

“I...I honestly don’t know how I did it, but the water just healed it. You were dead, and now you are here.” Kiara stuttered.

“What happened? How did we get out of the cave? Tell me what you remember.” Koda asked.

“Asteria stabbed you, and I got angry because she killed you and my body caught on fire and I threw a fireball at her and she disappeared. I made the wind carry you out of the cave and down the mountain to here. Then the water sealed the gash and now you are, talking to me.” She stuttered and raced through the sentences, trying to believe them herself. Koda rolled on his back and started laughing, but stopped when he remember the powers that Asteria had used on him. Koda looked at Kiara and she looked at him.

“Can… can you show me?” he asked.

“I can try, but I don’t know how I did the water or fire, all I know is air.” She replied.

“Show me.” Koda said.

Kiara closed her eyes and Focused on the air around her. Once again she felt the air swirl around her hands and whip her hair. Kiara focused on Koda and just like before the wind left her hands.

“K-Ki-ara… can you put me down?” Kiara’s eyes shot open and Koda fell to the ground with a thud.

“Ouch.” He said as he rubbed his butt where it had hit the ground.

“Koda I am so sorry, I just-”

“Kiara!” Koda shouted, and Kiara shut her mouth. Koda walked over to her and stood in front of her. Kiara looked down at the ground, and whispered, “I understand if you don’t want to be my mate anymore.”

“Stand up and say that again to my face.” Koda ordered. Kiara stood up and looked at him, she tried to speak, but she couldn’t. Kiara flinched when Koda rose his hand from his side, he was going to hit her, and she knew it.

Koda saw her flinch and was shocked by her reaction. Koda roughly gripped the sides of Kiara’s face, and smashed his lips onto hers. He removed his hands from the sides of her face and pulled his lips away. Kiara opened her eyes, and met his beautiful greenish blue ones. Koda sat down on the grassy ground and pulled Kiara onto his lap. He tilted up her chin and looked in her eyes.

“Why would you say that? Of Course I still want to be your mate, I always will want to be your mate. Why do you think I don’t?” Koda questioned.

“I just thought you would think I am some kind of freak. I mean I did just bring you back to life.” She replied.

“That makes me want to be with you even more. I don’t care how you did it, I’m just happy to be with you. I thought you were dead when I found the shelter like that, I thought I lost you. I will never leave your side again, I promise.” Koda replied, and Kiara threw her arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips, making them tumble backwards onto the ground.

 The End - please read my note

Hey Everyone! Thats it the end of book one, I will start book two at some point but I want to write a different book first, since I can't seem to write! stupid writers block. I will be writing a werewolf book cuz i am now obsessed with werewolves. the other day i compared my bf to a werewolf. Lol... i dont think he was to happy about that lol. anyways please comment and vote. tell me wut you think. if you hate my book please say that you hate it and say why. if not then still coment!

In the second book i am making some new characters and was wonderin' if anyone would like to be a character in it. if you do please put a discription of yourself or made up self in the comments. There are about 3 or 4 spots. Kiara's new best friend, Koda's friends, and a few people the meet along there journey. 

Thank you to all my readers! 

Please comment!!!!