Chapter 14

Chapter 14 - Dawn Till Dusk

After galloping for a long time Kiara slowed Storm to a trot.

"Ok, I like the other speed better this one is really hurting my crotch!"Koda groaned in pain. Kiara slowed Storm to a walk and Koda breathed out a sigh of relief, "That's much better." He sighed.

"Hey Koda, are you hungry?"

"Yes I'm starving! How do I get off?" he asked excitedly.

"Who said we were getting off?"

"Don't we need to get some food?"

"No there are some food left over in my pack, it should last us until morning."

"Ok, I'll dig around for it."

"It should be on the top."

"Found it! Yum salmon cakes!" he said as he rummaged through her pack. Storm kept walking as Koda and Kiara ate there lunch. When they were done Kiara called for the wolves and the trio ran out from the bushes up ahead. Koda looked up at the sun and saw that it was past mid day.

"Kiara, we need to get going if we are going to make it to the Thundering Valley before night fall."

"Alright Storm, let's go!" she said to the mare. Strom snorted and picked up the pace to a trot, then to a nice even run.

"I like this speed; it's very smooth and relaxing." Koda said to Kiara.

"Yah, me too, it's called cantering."

"I really like it." Koda said loosening his grip around Kiara's waist and set his head on her shoulder. Kiara felt Koda's warm body against hers, and felt his warm breath on her neck, which sent shivers down her spine. Koda felt her shiver and asked if she was cold, but when she said no he kissed her neck and shoulder over and over until his lips were soar.

"Why doesn't Storm get tired?" Koda asked Kiara.

"I usually ride her every day, and almost all day, so now she has amazing stamina." She replied. They continued to talk as they head west until the sun started to set.

"It is going to get dark soon." Kiara stated, "How close are we?"

"Probably about an hour until we reach the valley." Koda replied.

"Do you want to set up camp in the clearing we passed through a few minutes back?" she asked,

"Yah that would probably be a good idea." He replied. Kiara turned Storm around and they galloped back to the clearing. Kiara slowed Storm to a walk and showed Koda how to get off. They then ate dinner and set up camp for the night.