Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - Don't Go

Koda and Kiara had just gotten back to the shelter, Kiara sat down on the stump she had sat on the night before. Koda had just left to fill up there waterskins. Then Kiara overheard two people talking as they walked by.

"I hope she gets outcasted! I can't wait to track her down and shoot my best arrow right threw her pretty little head." One said excitedly.

Kiara immediately went and rolled up her sleeping sack, and packed some food in her deer hide pack. She grabbed an empty waterskin and placed it in her pack, then tied her sleeping sack to the top of her pack. She tied up her hair into two forest horse tails. She then grabbed her father's axe and her medicine pouch and strapped them to her belt. She pulled the pack and her mother's quiver onto her back and slung her mother's bow over her shoulder.

Kiara limped as fast as she could out of the shelter, and howled for Alue and Luca. She had reached the edge of the clearing when she heard Koda call her name. She turned around and saw him running towards her.

"Where are you going, Kiara?" Koda asked as he ran towards her.

"I have to leave, people are talking about tracking me and hunting me and killing me when I'm outcasted. I have to get a head start." She said as her eyes started to tear up, she had hoped to leave without saying goodbye to him, because she knew she would start to cry.

"Kiara no, we will figure this out there has to be a way." He said,

"No Koda! We can't!" Kiara turned and limped through the trees trying to leave Koda behind, but he followed her.

"Storm! Storm! Come!" She called,

"My mother said that there was a storm coming as well! Now I am definitely not letting you leave!" Koda said,

"Look Koda, I would love to stay, you know I want to stay, but this is the best choice. You know I have to leave!" she said as she held back her tears. Kiara looked up and saw that the sun was setting. "I have to go now, so I have time to set a shelter before dark,"

"You won't get to far walking."

"I'm not walking!" she said, and smirked at his puzzled face, if he kept fallowing her, he would find out her deepest secret.

"Kiara, I don't want you to leave!" he said pulling her into him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her. "I'll miss you... here take this..." He said as he let go of her and took off the deer skin band that was tied around his head. He tied the band in a bow around her neck, Kiara showed him a weak smile and started to limp off deeper into the forest.

"Kiara wait!!!" He said,

Kiara turned to see him run towards her. Koda grabbed her waist with both hands. "Kiara I -I..." he stuttered,

He looked deep into her bright blue eyes which were full of tears. He wiped the tears away with one hand and then moved it under her chin. He tilted her head up so that she was looking right in his eyes.

"Cheer up Kiara, you're too beautiful to be crying." And with that he leaned down and gently kissed her lips.

Kiara's eyes jumped wide open with shock, but she relaxed and slowly closed her eyes. She gently kissed him back and felt Koda slide his hand from her chin to her cheek. Kiara wrapped her arms around his neck, and she felt his warm hand slowly slide down to her neck, then to her shoulder and down her arm to her waist. Koda broke the kiss for a split second to breathe, but Kiara pushed her lips back on to his, desperately, as if he was the only thing keeping her alive. Koda pulled her closer to him, so there was no space between them. He ran his hands up and down her back feeling her shape through her clothes. They felt incredible, a feeling no one could describe. They never wanted to let go, they loved each other, and they knew it. It did not have to be spoken, it was clear, this kiss had one meaning. It simply said 'I love you.' Slowly their lips parted, and they rested forehead to forehead and looked deep into each other's eyes.

Suddenly they heard a nicker, and Koda jumped.

"My ride is here." Kiara said softly. Koda slowly looked away from Kiara and his eyes widened in shock. Right there, less than ten paces away from him, was a big black muscular horse.

"That's... that's... a... a... um.."

"A forest horse," Kiara said interrupting Koda's stuttering. "Her name is Fire Storm, my mother and I rescued her from the great fire. She wouldn't stop fallowing me after so I decided to try something."

Kiara walked up to the black mare and whispered something to it while stroking its face. Then she moved her hand down the horse's thick neck, and rubbed the horse's back. The horse let out a whinny and shook its long black mane. Kiara grabbed some of the thick mane and wrapped it around her hand, and pushed herself off the ground onto the horse's back. Kiara let go of the horse's mane and looked at Koda.

"Walk on, Storm." Kiara said to the horse as she gently squeezed her legs into the horse. Storm responded and walked a few paces, but she hesitated.

"It's ok he won't hurt you, Storm." She said comforting the mare, and the mare move forward again until Kiara gently pulled on her mane. Koda looked up at her and reached up and grabbed Kiara's free hand.

"You amaze me." Koda said, still in shock of what was happening and Kiara smiled in response.

"I - I wanted to - to tell you... that... I - I... ugh... never mind." He stuttered,

"I love you too Koda." Kiara said squeezing his hand.

"How did you?"

"I felt it when you kissed me," she said blushing again,

"I will find you." he said,

"Don't ... if you do, you will be outcasted too, you know that."

"I don't care, I love you." He reached up to her neck and touched the deerskin band that had been his. "I, Koda of Timber Wolf Clan, swear an Oath on this band and on my three souls, to find Kiara of White Wolf Clan, or die trying." He then grabbed her face with both hands and kissed her again.

"I'll head west, away from the storm... if you can't find me... howl for Luca... when I finish setting up camp I'll send him to find you." Kiara said. Koda smiled and gave her one last kiss, before she headed off.

"You ready girl?" Kiara asked Storm. Storm pawed the ground with her front hoof and snorted.

"Alright then, let's go!" she said digging her heals into Storm's side. Storm reared onto her hind legs and bolted off into the forest with Kiara on her back.

Picture link (On the side aswell)

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/150/i/2014/244/2/d/a_kiss_that_spoke_the_word_love_by_qatd5y-d7xlz4z.jpg