Chapter 31

Chapter 30 - Footsteps of the Past

Koda reached the peak of the mountain and entered the dark cave, his father had, when he faced Eostra. Now it was his turn to fallow in his father's footsteps, and defeat this Soul Eater once and for all. The cave was dark and Koda could not see where the tunnel lead. Koda placed his hand on the wall for guidance, but he quickly withdrew when he the warmth of demon souls on the other side of the rock. He continued walking what he assumed was the middle of the tunnel. Up ahead he could see a faint glowing light, and it looked like the tunnel stats to widen. Koda crouched on the ground and crawled, so he would not be seen as easily. As he turned the corner the tunnel widened into a large cavern. It had an eye watering stink and the walls were the colour of dried blood his eyes searched the misty floor below, but he couldn't see anything.

"Oh great Earth,

Asteria summons the roots of the living,

Bind me to the mother,

By rock and dust,

Bind me to the Earth's crust,

Through Earth and Stone, Ground and Bone,

The Daughter of Eostra summons thee,

She binds them to her."

Koda jumped at the sudden chanting, and searched his mind. He tried to remember if his father mentioned if Eostra had a daughter, but he could remember.

"Oh great water,

Asteria summons the source of the living,

Splash and spray,

With tides and waves,

Let Asteria absorb your great waters,

By tide and ripple, drop and drizzle,

The Daughter of Eostra summons thee,

She binds them to her."

As she chanted, Koda felt the air get damp, and felt condensation on the walls of the cavern.

"Oh great wind,

Asteria summons the breath of the living,

With howling air,

And whispering sky's,

Let Asteria breathe your life,

By breath of air, and howling sky,

The Daughter of Eostra summons thee,

She binds them to her."

Koda heard a howling sound coming down the tunnel, he turned, only to be met with a burst of wind. It blew past him and soared down to the bottom of the cavern. The wind sent the misty fog flying up the cavern walls. That's when he saw her, his mate. She sat on the ground, and looked drained of energy. Her eyes that were once bright and full of life, were now dull and showed the pain and suffering she was facing. Now was his chance, he could see Asteria clearly. Koda grabbed his bow and knocked an arrow into it. He aimed the arrow at Asteria and released it. It flew towards her, right at her heart.

Hey guys! Only a few more chapters to go! I hope to finish this book before summer break, and I am planning to writing a second book if you guys would like, please comment if you would like me to write a second book continueing the Forest Girl series. I would also like to know if you want me to start putting on wattpad chapter by chapter, or would you guys rather me write as many chapters as I can in rough over the summer, then type and submit them (hopefully in the fall).