Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - The Wolf Den

Koda stirred in his sleeping sack and woke with a jolt. He had been dreaming about Kiara, he had dreamed that she would be executed instead of outcasted. Koda got out of his sleeping sack and walked around the shelter. Koda grabbed his deer hide pack and placed some supplies in it.

Koda walked over and knelt down beside Kiara, who was curled up inside her sleeping sack. Her beautiful long brown hair covered her face. Koda gently tucked it away behind her ear, and he saw her face turn red. 'So she is awake...' he thought to himself, 'This should be fun...'

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" Koda said poking Kiara's forehead repetitively. Kiara groaned at him and opened one of her bright grey eyes and glared at him. She then turned away from him onto her other side. Koda got up and fallowed, but she turned away again before he could sit down. He went back to where he had been sitting and as he predicted, she turned away again. Koda didn't get up and fallow her, instead he leaned his body over her and placed his left hand on theother side of her, now he could face her no matter which way she turned.

"Come on Kiara, get up." Koda said in annoyance.

"Make me!" Kiara groaned.

"Alright, I'll just leave without you." Koda said as he stood up and walked out of the shelter.

Kiara jumped up and limped out of the shelter as fast as she could, but he was gone. She started looking for his tracks, she found them, they lead away from the rest of the camp. Kiara went back into the shelter and grabbed her deerskin journal, then came back out.

"ROAR!" Yelled Koda, as he jumped out from behind the shelter. Kiara screamed and tripped backwards over her own feet, but Koda was ready and grabbed her waist before she hit the ground. He pulled her towards him, but not all the way up.

"You just couldn't stay away from me, could yah?" Koda said with a smirk on his face as he stood over her.

"I-I guess not" Kiara said starting to blush quite a bit.

"Well in that case..." he said bending down so they were almost nose to nose. "Good morning pretty girl." He whispered in a deep seductive voice and showed her a wolf-ish grin.

Kiara face turned very red, and her heart was pounding. She was starting to like him, alot, he was always so sweet and kind, and he was funny and playful. She liked how he cared for her and she felt so warm when she was near him. 'Control yourself Kiara, he is just being silly, he doesn't like you that way!' she thought to herself.

"Well I have something to show you, want to come for a walk with me?" Koda asked, as he pulled her into a hug.

"No thanks, I'm really tired, plus I should rest my ankle so it will get better faster." She replied trying to sneak her way out of it.

"Too bad you're coming with me." He said in a playful voice.

"Says who?"

"Says me!" he said as he lifted her up and slung her over his shoulder and started walking north.

"Koda put me down!" she yelled as she punched at his back, but he kept walking through the forest.

After a long walk they stopped to sit down and ate some breakfast, both Kiara and Koda made offerings to their clan guardians and ate there salmon cakes.Then they packed up and kept heading north.

Koda sat Kiara down on a large rock and Koda put his hands to his lips and howled. Kiara heard a bunch of yips and yowls, but she only recognized two of them.

Suddenly Kiara saw four wolf heads pop out from a large cave, then she saw Alue and Luca. They ran to her and pounced on Kiara, the rest of the pack joined in, and so did Koda. Kiara was laughing so hard she started to cry. Koda called off the pack and kneeled over her looking at her upside down and she smiled.

"Kiara, I'd like you to meet the other half of my family." He said helping Kiara sit up.

"This is Wolf, he was the first member of this pack, he was my father's guide when he was defeating the soul eaters, and this is his mate Darkfur. This is their daughter Pebble," He said as he pointed to the one that looked a bit like Alue.

"And that is my wolf Echo, he is also one of their pups. There are others in the pack but they are out hunting." Koda finished. Kiara and Koda spent the rest of the day with the pack, and Kiara showed Koda her deerskin journal. Koda was fastened by how many plants could be used for different things, and constantly complemented Kiara's drawings of Alue and Luca.

Picture link (On the side aswell)

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2014/026/2/5/forest_girl___chapter_5_by_qatd5y-d73vraz.jpg