Chapter 18

Chapter 18 - Sixteen Summers old

Kiara woke up in her sleeping sack and smelt something delicious in the air and started to head for the shelter door.

“Hey Kiara could you stay in there for a few minutes, I’m not ready out here.” He said poking his head around the door of the shelter.

“Ok…” she replied unsure why she had to stay inside.

A few minutes later Koda opened the door to the shelter and held up the deer hide flap and said, “Happy birthday Kiara.”

Kiara’s jaw dropped in amazement as she looked at the fire pit that was surrounded by food. Her eyes fell on a large bowel of berries.

“You found some cloudberries!” She yelled jumping into Koda’s arms and wrapped her legs around his waist as she gave him a big kiss, not realizing that she was still im her sleep shirt. “Koda you didn’t have to do all this.” She continued.

“But it was worth it, because I would do anything for my beautiful girl.” He replied as he sat down on the ground holding Kiara in his lap. Koda ran his eyes over her and realized her sleep shirt had slipped up past her waistline. "Kiara, have I mentioned how beautiful you look in that sleep shit of your's, because you look absolutely stunning."

Kiara looked down to her lap and blush before trying to sliding off him, but he held her in place. Koda gripped her chin with his thumb and rubbed his nose against Kiara's as he looked into her eyes. "I hope you like your birthday present." He said in a deep whisper. 

"What is it?" she asked,

"Me..." he said before smashing his lips onto hers, but only for a few seconds, he knew she was hungry and the food was getting cold.

Koda and Kiara made offerings to the clan guardians and ate up most of the food. When they were done they packed the food away into their packs and put out the fire.

“Hey Koda, I don’t know if we will have enough food for dinner.”

“Yeah, I was thinking about going to hunt for a deer this morning but I wanted to make you a special breakfast.”

“Well, we can still go.”

“Are you sure, it’s your birthday?”

“Yep, I want to go give it a shot.”

“Ok, but don’t complain to me if we don’t see anything.”

“I won’t.” Kiara smiled.

Kiara and Koda grabbed there hunting gear, prepared for the hunt and set off.