Chapter 22

Chapter 22- The Flaming Wolf

"Hey Koda?" Kiara asked, as she curled up in his arms.

"Yes?" he replied, as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Would you still like me to draw your tattoo?" she asked, as she sat up and leaned over him. She searched his eyes like they were a map telling her every emotion he was feeling.

"Hmm... yes, but do we have to now? I am enjoying this at the moment." He said as he leaned up and gently kissed her lips. He pulled her back down with him so that her body rested on top of his.

"It would be better to do it now, so you can let it dry overnight." She replied,

"Alright," he sighed as he sat up. Kiara's legs wrapped around his waist and they touched noses. "Hmmm... Do we really have to ruin this peaceful moment?" he sighed.

"Who said we were ruining it?"

"I do..."

"Well, we will see how ruined it is when I am done your tattoo." Koda smirked at Kiara's comment. "Is there any particular colour or design you would like?"

"Well I would like it if it looked like the wolf was clawing up my back, and maybe some red?"

"Hmmm... I might add a few things but yah, I can do that." She replied, as she rummaged through her pack.

A few minutes later Kiara had four wood bowls set by the fire, along with a bunch of red and yellow leaves. She also took out some black goo and some white goo.

"Koda could you lie down on you sleeping sack so that your back is facing up." She asked. He nodded and did as she asked. Kiara then picked up a small stick with hare fur on the end and dipped it into the black goo that she had mixed with some water to make it thinner. Suddenly Koda felt a warm liquid on his back, and he sighed.

"You see, I'm not ruining anything." Kiara smirked,

"Hmmm... I guess not." Koda sighed as he felt the brush dance on his back, and that was the last thing he remembered.