•Chapter Twenty-Five•

Over the next few days, Harry is in and out of the operating room more then Louis can count. He has his bones set properly, his eye mended, they went back in to clean up his abdomen the way they weren't able to the first time, and they even had to operate on their baby, because he or she had been put into distress by the constant stress on Harry's body. After each surgery it look longer for Harry to wake up, and the times when he was awake were smaller.

He didn't attempt to speak again, weather it was to do with not wanting to, not being able to, or due to the fact his jaw was wired shut to help heal it, he remained silent, if he wanted to speak he signed.

That was where Louis was now, sitting beside him after his most recent surgery, and possibly his last, waiting for him to wake up. It had been nearly 9 hours since, and he still hadn't woken up, and that worried Louis despite the doctors constant reassurance.

Gemma had had to leave yesterday, not able to miss anymore classes as long as Harry was recovering, so she was calling every so often to check in, and Louis supplied her with information, and let her talk to Harry if he was awake (and by talk, he put her on speaker phone, and translated what Harry was saying so Gemma could understand him even if she couldn't see him)

Louis had only gone home briefly, long enough to feed the animals and get his sister, Lottie, to come and watch the house for him while he stayed with Harry. Louis spent most of his time in the hospital now, and he didn't want to have to worry about his animals at home. Lottie was watching them and taking care of the house for him, having volunteered, wanting to see what it was like to live on her own as she would be moving out soon, as well as help her big brother in his time of need, that's what family was for after all. Louis was going to pay her for her help when he and Harry finally got home, but he had left his credit card on the counter and the keys to his car with them, so she could buy anything she needed. He knew he could trust her, that if she did end up ordering something, even so simple as a pizza, she would try and pay him back for it.

Louis looked back to Harry, who's face was healing somewhat, some of his cuts having closed and the stitches having fallen out. They were planning on starting physical therapy on his arm once he got a little better, and his bones mended enough. Louis signed and dropped his head down onto the bed then he sniffled, got up and hurried from the room. This was his fault, he did this. Harry might die and it was entirely his fault. He opened the door to a stairwell, ignoring the emergency exit sign and hurried down the steps, trying to catch his breath until he couldn't take it anymore and collapsed against a wall, breaking down into tears.

He cried himself to sleep on the cold floor of the stairwell, having exhausted himself to overcome to insomnia that had been taking him over since Harry had run out into the snow.

When the young doctor had found him hours had passed. She crouched in front of him on the tiled floor and shaken his shoulder gently

"Mr. Tomlinson?" She asked softly as Louis woke, blinking slowly, his muscles stiff. "Mr. Tomlinson are you okay?" She asks again and Louis stretches.

"I guess" Louis says miserably

"If you need to talk we have grief councillors we can bring in for you" the doctor says and Louis shakes his head

"No thank you" he answers

"I came to tell you that Mr. Styles is awake, he's looking for you" she says softly and Louis smiles, sniffing to try and Rid himself of the congestion he felt in his sinuses, but it was no good, so he got to his feet and stretched, this time achieving his goal of loosening his stiff muscles if even a little bit.

He follows the doctor back to Harry's room, but as they turn the corner Louis knows something is wrong, the usually quiet hall is Loud, people are shouting and monitors are beeping loudly. Louis weaves his way through the crowd at a run, leaving the doctor behind, her voice trailing off