•Chapter Thirty-Two•

Silence.

It's all Louis could hear when his ear was pressed to Harry's chest, the soft fabric of Harry's sweater pressed into his ear.

Tears dripped onto Harry's chest, soaking through the fabric as Louis tore at it, pulling it upwards.

The incision on his stomach was bleeding again, and he held back a sob, called to sparrow.

"Phone!" Louis shrieked at her and she bolted off.

Louis had completed a CPR class years ago and remembered the basic, so he began, hoping the last time he pressed his lips to Harry's wouldn't be trying to save his life.

Sparrow was back moments after he began, dropping the phone beside Louis before carefully lying across Harry's abdomen, stopping the flow of blood with the pressure of her own body.

Louis picked up the phone and dialled 911, tucking the phone between his ear and shoulder as he pumped Harry's chest.

"Hello, 911 what's your emergency" the woman answers

"M-my boyfriends incision tore open, he just had surgery, he isn't breathing a-and his heart isn't beating" Louis sobs into the phone, desperate.

"I can talk you through CPR" she responds and Louis wheezes as he blows air into Harry

"I-I'm already doing it" he responds

"Is the incision bleeding?" The woman asks and Louis nods

"It was, but sparrow, our dog, is lying across it"

"Your dog?" The woman's asks, shocked, worried and intrigued

"Yes! She's a service animal, she was trained to do so" Louis wails then ducks down to put his lips to Harry's, breathing for him.

Harry coughs abruptly, sitting up a fraction before falling back and wheezing, whimpering in pain.

Louis sobs out in relief and clutches Harry to his chest, rattling off the address of the house to the 911 operator.

"Stay still, it's okay Harry, your going to be okay" Louis assures pulling Harry into his arms slightly being careful not to hurt him anymore

'What?' Harry signs and Louis continues to breath deeply.

"It's okay, you fell, love, you tore your incision, an ambulance is on the way," Louis tells him as he begins to nod off again

"Harry!" Louis shrieks, shaking him slightly

'What?' Harry signs sloppily and Louis grasps about for anything to take Harry's mind off of the current situation

"Tell me-tell me about our baby, what are we going to name him, or her? Is it going to be a boy or girl? How are we going to decorate the nursery?"

Harry thinks for a minute before raising his hands

'I don't know' Harry responds

"Okay, well, I think we're going to have a little girl, and she would have your eyes and my hair, your lips, my nose, she would have your personality, kind, determined, thoughtful. We can teach her sign language, and decorate her room with a beautiful forest full of wildlife...." Louis says to Harry, who was watching him with wide mossy green eyes, lips parted. His chest was slowly rising and falling as his shuttering breath went in and out.