•Chapter Six•

"I'm sorry we just don't have enough room for her" the lady said and Louis spoke a few choice words before hanging up and sighing, rubbing his hand over his face.

"That's the last one" he says after a few moments and Harry sighs, grabbing his hand as the vet comes out of the back.

"She's going to be okay, but she needs almost constant care. Have you found her a home?" The vet asks and louis begins to say no, but Harry nods, pointing to himself

"Your gonna take her?" Louis asks and Harry nods

"You weren't able to find anywhere?" The vet asks and Harry shakes his head then points to himself again

"Okay, so there's a lot you need to know before you consider this" she says and Harry nods

"The reason her mom likely abandoned her was because she's missing something vital for survival, her scent gland. We don't see this very often in foxes, that because they cannot survive in the wild without it. They can't mark their territory so it's a constant struggle to maintain a home. This little one was shunned by her family because of it. The gash was likely caused by some animal thinking she would be a good meal, or by her mother in attempts to chase her off. I've given her medication for pain, and to fight infection as well as gave her a deworming pill. She had to be cleaned, and we used a de-lousing shampoo, so her fleas are not a problem when paired with her medication, which is on the back of her neck. She's on fluids and my assistant is currently working on removing the ticks from her fur. She's malnourished, so we're syringe feeding her, but you can take her home in the morning, once she's hydrated and her medication kicks in."

Harry listened to this intently then nodded. And signs something at the vet, who furrowed her eyebrows and Harry turned to Louis and tried again. Louis takes a moment before realization flashes across his face and he turns back to the vet.

"I don't understand him fully but he mentioned his dog, and his cats so are they okay with the fox?" Louis asks and the vet grimaces

"Dogs usually hate foxes, but if you introduce them and show you want the fox the dog should be okay, and cats are just gonna be cats, they'll be curious then either shun her or befriend her."

Louis nodded before continuing "anything else?" He asked because that's the one thing he fully understood from Harry's questions

"She needs a special diet, we can provide the rundown of it to set you on the right track, and you also have to be aware foxes happy pee, pee on what they think is there's, and they are VERY destructive when bored, do be prepared for that" Harry nods, standing. He pulls out his phone to make sure the vet in front of him fully understood

"Thank you so much, we can just pay at the counter?" Harry asks and he vet laughs

"We got it covered, your taking in a wild animal, you rescued her so I think we have this much. Just come back tomorrow and get her, around 11 should be good"

Harry's stupor breaks and he begins to type rapidly

"thank you so much!" He says and the vet nods

"It's my pleasure" she says and Harry smiles, shaking her hand before bidding her goodbye and walking out, sparrow tagging along tight to his side, Louis walking closely on the other.

"So what are you gonna call her?" Louis asks and Harry shrugs

"I'm not sure, but I have a lot of research to do so I'm just gonna go home okay?" Harry's phone asks

"Okay just drop me at home" Louis responds, a bit deflated and Harry laughs, a sound that warms Louis heart, the soft pure sound really the only sound Harry makes.