•Chapter Eight•

Over he next few weeks Zorra settled in nicely. Harry was currently curled on in bed, the little fox bouncing around the sheets, hunting for her breakfast. Harry pulled out his phone and posted a picture of her on Instagram with a smile.

He chuckled at the caption before looking over to the cage where Edward still snoozed

He chuckled at the caption before looking over to the cage where Edward still snoozed. Harry hadn't heard from Louis since he was asked to watch Edward. It had been nearly three weeks and Harry was beginning to worry. He stretched and got out of bed, sparrow standing and stretching her limbs before joining him in the kitchen.

He prepares breakfast for himself, his pink and white polka dotted bath robe wrapped tightly around him.

(This one not that weird ass bow tho)

He's placing sparrows, Zorra's and Monty's food on the floor when he hears a knock on the front door. Harry straightens and calls sparrow to his side and she joins him quickly as he walks towards the door. When he gets there he sees a short figure through the glass and throws the door open, seeing Louis standing there shivering. The rain was pouring down and he was soaked, his feathery hair plastered to his face.

"C-can I come in?" He asks weakly and Harry nods silently, too shocked to speak even if he could. He stepped back and allowed the soaken wet boy into his home. He quickly hurries away and puts the kettle on and grabs a towel, returning to the porch with it and a change of clothes. He hands them to Louis, wrapping the towel around his shoulders before leading him to the bathroom.

Harry returns to the kitchen and pours himself and Louis a cup of tea, his breakfast of waffles laying abandoned on the counter as he strides into the living room. Louis having beaten him there was sitting on the couch, hunched over. Harry's clothes were too big for him, he sweatpants pooled at his feet and the lavender sweaters sleeves formed sweater paws tucked into Louis clenched fists. Harry furrows his eyebrows in worry and he scoops a soft blanket off the floor on his way to Louis, draping it over the boy before handing him the tea.

He sits on the couch beside Louis and places a hand gently on his back

Louis looks to him and Harry signs