•Chapter Twenty-Nine•

The next few weeks were hard. Louis barely left harry's side as he went through rehab, regaining mobility in his arm and practically having to relearn to walk because of the damage to his brain. He only agreed to go home to shower once harry had threatened to go back into a coma if he didn't. He had laughed and nodded, heading home to take a quick shower.

"Louis" Harry whispered when he was walking out the door and Louis whipped around,

"What Darling?" He asks and Harry smiles at the pet names before slipping back into sign language, a new thing he had been starting to do. He would start in either sign language or speaking, then swap to the other mid-sentence, usually limiting the audible speaking to just a few words but Louis lived for those few spoken words, for the raspy slow, deep sound of Harry's voice.

'is Lottie still at your house?' he asks and Louis nods. Harry nods back and then takes a deep breath

'can you please bring me some goldfish? and lime yogurt? and a banana smoothie?' he asks and Louis laughs, nodding, walking back to harry. He runs his hand from Harry's forehead back until it bumps against the pillow, leaning down to kiss his forehead, then his lips when harry leans back and puckers them.

"I'll be back soon, don't die on me when I'm gone, " Louis says with a laugh, only halfway kidding.

Harry smiles weakly and nods 'promise' he signs and Louis smiles

'I love you' he signs and harry smiles again

'I love you, too' he responds and then Louis leaves, heading to his car which was parked in the parking lot.

He goes home and showers quickly, letting Lottie know how Harry was doing as he leaves the house, heading to the mall. He enters the large building and heads to the bookstore, buying harry a book he's wanted for a while, getting him a gift card as well, tucking it inside the binding of the book so harry could find it later when he read so far into the book. Louis went to the tea shop, buying harry some tea infused lip balm, chocolate, and candy, then headed to the clothing store harry loved, grabbing a sweater harry had been eyeing for months.

Then, he was walking past the Jewelry store. He stopped just before he passed it and looked in, teetering on the edge of going in, then a picture of harry blazed to life in his brain and his heart swelled as he realized he had been considering this for a long time, and he knew what he wanted to do, and had been wanting to do for a while. He went inside the store and looked around for a long time before finally stumbling upon it with shocked awe, his mouth dropping open as he notices it, his smile broad as he buys it and a necklace he knew harry would love, a shining round gem encased in a beautiful gold setting. When he was checked out, Louis bought a bag and harry's smoothie. He hurried to get the Goldfish at the store, grabbing the lime yogurt harry preferred as well.

He put everything he had bought in the bag, minus the food, and headed back to the hospital. He rubbed his face, tucking the small box into the glove compartment before heading inside. He smiled broadly as he walked back into harry's room and found the boy asleep in his bed, mouth open slightly, a small course of snores escaping past his pink lips.

Louis places the items down on the small tray next to the bed before taking his seat and picking up harry's hand, kissing the back of it gently.

A mere ten minutes later a nurse comes in to check harry's neuro functions, a thing they did a lot around here, to make sure his waking up wasn't a fluke, and they had to wake him up. Harry groaned and turned to Louis with a pout.