Scared

"Nina!" A voice screams of terror.

I know it, I know that sound. I can't see her, but I know she's there. I've known that voice since i was born. My mom, I can here her screaming for me, but I can't see her all I can see is a void of darkness.

"Kristina!" She yells more frantically.

"Kristina, Its okay now you're safe." A familiar voice echos. 

It's Stiles.

"Open up your eyes and listen as the world comes back."

"I can't, I can't!" I yell, scared he may disappear at any second.

He comes closer and closer, then sits on an invisible table right in front of me.

"Slowly breathe, listen to the sound of my voice.  Try to exhale when I do and inhale when I inhale."

I look around me frightened of the void. I know he isn't real, but I know he is right. The only way I can escape from this darkness is listening to my surroundings and right now my mind has given me something to hear. 

I slowly do as he instructed and very slowly my room comes into sight. I'm awake? How is that possible? I turn my head trying to find the voice I know was real.

"Mom?" my voice comes out dry and cracked.

"I'm here, sweaty, I'm here." she says softly.

After what feels like an hour, we slowly getting up. I look at my mom and read her face as well as I can and I know somethings going to change, something big. Right now, I don't really care all that I can think about is Stiles. Why did he show up in my dreams? I wouldn't even call that a dream. it was like a state between. Gosh I'm getting crazier by the second. 

"Nina?" My moms voice echos.

"Why are you yelling?"

"I've called your name 3 times and I wasn't yelling." She says almost apologetically.

"Yea?"

"I'm having you stay home today, and maybe until we can figure out whats wrong."

"I can't, I have to go to school." 

I know I can't win this fight, but I need to go to school. I need some sense of normal. 

" Nina, you can survive a few days and trust me guy already have a lot of credits, thanks to those classes you took last summer."

"So, What am I going to do?"

"I have to go talk to Chris so, you can come with me, but not before you eat."

"Fine, but for how long?"

" I don't know, Nina. I don't." She replies but, mainly to herself.

***Kate's POV****

I don't know how to help her and keep her safe at the same time. She's not a kid anymore but, she's still my kid. My kid who I have to protect against her destiny. One day she will learn all my secrets, but I just hope that wont be anytime soon.  I just wish she'd tell me what Derek has been telling her, so I can fix it somehow. Deep down she knows what she is and maybe she's telling herself in someway. I need to decide on something and quick. 

I walk down towards my room to give her a chance to change and give me a chance to call Chris. I know what I have to do. At least she'll like it since Allison will be there.

"Hey Kate, What can I do  for you?"

"Can you talk to Victoria and see if you guys are okay if Nina and I come join you for a little bit?"

" What's wrong?"

"Her dreams are kicking up again and they're worse this time."

"That's because she's getting older."

"But this time she wont talk to me."

" How bad are they?"

" Bad enough she's screaming herself awake almost every night."

"Fine, I'll go talk to her. You can come tonight and we can discuss this tomorrow."

"Thanks,but is it okay if I just come tonight and tell her we're just coming over for dinner tomorrow?"

"It's your lie, but not a good one. You're really going to come here and leave her alone?"

"She knows somethings up, Chris. I'll give this time to her to be alone. Trust me, right now she'll do anything to get some answers. Maybe me leaving may help her."

"I thought you didn't want her to uncover your secrets."

"I don't, but right now I need her to think that I don't know what she's been doing."

" You're going to regret this later."

" Chris, right now she's mad at me. Do you really think she'll be up to moving into your house this way?"

I know my child and I know what I'm doing. Maybe if she gets closer and finds some answers she'll come talk to me.

" She's your kid, Kate. See you later tonight.  When you come over just don't wake Allison up."

"Bye, Chris."

Now, How the hell am I going to get her to come over? I can just say that going over to Chris's may help, but I know she wont believe that. I wouldn't even believe it. Maybe she does have to go to school today. That way she can have a normal day then tomorrow I can tell her.  Maybe Chris is right,   maybe I shouldn't be rushing this, I could be wrong, but by the way shes acting, I'm not wrong. She'll try to meet up with him. I can't have her do that. I know Derek will tell her about hunting but, maybe he'll also tell her who the alpha is. 

"Hey, Nina?"

"Yea?" She replies in a  dry voice.

" You can just stay here today. Try to get some rest while I'm gone."

"How long?"

"I don't know but, if I'm not back by dinner, I'll be here when you wake up."

"Got it."

That wasn't so hard. I probably  shouldn't get my hopes up that are relationship might be repaired. She's maybe still scared from this morning. Speaking about this morning, who was she talking to? It couldn't be Derek because she wasn't sleeping. Who ever it was got her to come back to me. I don't know what would've happened if she didn't.

**Author's Note**

Sorry for this short and not edited chapter. I really wanted to get some chapters posted during the holidays so suspect some more.

On another note, I have all the big moments planned that'd help shape Nina into a wonderful character in my opinion. Since its close to Christmas, I can give you some spoilers. If you haven't guessed it by now, yes, Kristina Marie Argent is a Hale. Her father may be a new character or an old one. Nina is also a supernatural creature, but she doesn't know it yet. That's why she's having those vivid dreams. Lastly there may be a actress change in the next book, if I even finish this one.

Comment down below or to the side on what creature(s) she is and who you think her father is. Until next time, please keep reading, voting, and commenting.