Exaggerated

I wake up grasping and begin to claw at my sheets frantically. I look up expecting to see my mom, but remember she was staying at Chris's. Good, the last thing I want is her continuing her fake facade when we both know the truth. She's the hunter, the killer and I am nothing like her.

I get up, wide awake with left over adrenaline still running through my system and look at the my clock that sits opposite of my bed. Great, its only 3 in the morning and there's no way I'd be able to get back to bed.  Mom is out of the house so I have this whole place to myself, but what am I supposed to do? I could snoop around and see if there's a stash of silver bullets laying around or maybe there's a vial of garlic hidden in every room.

I laugh and shake my head knowing the exaggerated forms of mythology that continue to run along side the new reality that is no longer hidden. How much of its real and not some fairy tale? There has to be differences. My guts' telling me that there are, but what kind of differences?

Maybe its not a wooden stake, but a silver stake that kills vampires, wooden bullets over silver, or maybe vampires can come out during the day and werewolves can't.

I'm driving myself crazy, I need a break from this. I know what I can do with my mom out of the house, but first I need to find it. 

"hopefully she has't gotten any smarter when she hides things." I whisper to myself as I walk in her room. I make my way to her closet and look along the edge of the wall. I finally find the bow staff laying against the far wall with curtain rods surrounding it. Curtain Rods? I guess that was a good idea so nobody would see the bow staff at first glance and get worried. Hell, I barely recognized it. The only tell is the little designs at the ends.

Allison has her bow and I have the bow staff. I can't believe I chose this because it had bow in its name. We were so close back then, we still are, but now we have our own secrets in the middle.

I twirl the bow staff in my fingers slowly remembering the little training I had. I move it over my head and use both hands to twirl it as fast as I can. When I'm satisfied with the speed I grab it and split it into two, holding each half in a hand.

I turn around and close the closet while holding the two species in one hand. I leave her room and decide to hide these somewhere in mine knowing that if the time ever comes where I'm in danger I'll be able to defend myself using a familiar weapon. I stand in the middle of the room and try to take every little detail I can. I need to hid these where no one, especially my mom can't find them. I don't want people to think that me having a weapon means I'm a trained hunter. I guess its half true since both Allison and I took lessons in both our desired weapons. A family that trains together is a family that stays together and since my mom never trained with me she isn't included. Bummer. 

I sit down and log on to my computer once I become satisfied with the locations of each of the bow staffs. I swear if someone actually finds them I will die, like there's no way anyone can find them. I skim through a couple of articles before I see a title that catches my eyes under the Near You section.

Beacon Hills: Another Animal Attack.

A couple of hours ago Beacon Hills's Sheriff's Department responded to yet another animal attack. This would mark the towns fourth animal attack in just under a month. The attack took place at Video 2*C, a DvD/CD Store. The Police have shared  with the public that there was a death and an mild injury. Both the injured, Jackson Whittemore and witness, Lydia Martin are being questioned, but as of now there has not been any new information provided my the police.

We talked to some of the locals that were on the scene tonight and a common question was asked. What is causing the sudden rise in animal attacks? Some say that Police should be asking the same question if they aren't already.