Chapter Eight

Tyler looked at Cynthia. She was unconscious yet again. Great, he thought. Just great. She finally woke up, and now she's unconscious again.

     He walked up to the hospital bed and noticed she had a strained look on her face. Like she was fighting something. Her expression began to soften. Then she opened her eyes.

     As soon as she opened her eyes, Tyler gasped.

     Her eyes weren't brown, like they normally were.

     Her eyes were red.

     He didn't think it was actually happening. He looked at her neck and hands.

     Black paint was creeping up her neck and hands, onto her arms.

     He knew that Cynthia had faced Blurryface before. When Blurryface left her alone, no one thought he would come back.

     But he did come back.

     And he took control.

     Again.

     When she finally spoke, her voice sounded somewhat demonic. "Hello, Tyler. As you can clearly see, I have control over Cynthia. Again." She sat straight up in the bed and looked at him. This time, when she looked at him, she looked like her normal self. "Tyler," she said, her voice shaking, "you have to get him out. Please. Before-" She got cut off. Blurryface was back in control. They were fighting for control, and Tyler was unsure of who was winning. She looked like Blurryface again. He knew he had to do something quick to get him out of Cynthia's life for good. But what?

     Then he had an idea.

     He knew that if Cynthia heard the idea, she would say no without even having to think about it.

     But it was the only way.

     "Blurryface," he said, his voice strong, "get out of Cynthia so we can make a deal."

     An evil grin appeared on her face. Suddenly, Blurryface was standing beside of Tyler, ready for whatever deal he had. She fell back, surprised that she had control over her body again. The black paint on her neck and arms began to fade away.

     "What's the deal, Tyler?" Blurryface asked. Tyler gulped, then said, "Leave Cynthia alone for the rest of her life and........you can have mine."

     "Tyler, don't you dare!" Cynthia yelled, not wanting to lose Tyler. After all, she just got him.

     Blurryface grinned. "Sounds like a deal. But, before I take over, I suppose you two can say your farewells." Tyler walked over to Cynthia and said, "Look, I know you don't want to lose me....."

     "Tyler, no. Please, no. Don't do this. I need you." She looked up at him. "I don't want you to be gone." He leaned in closer, and their mouths touched. At that moment, it felt like time stopped. Neither of them wanted it to end.

     But Blurryface did. (Like I said, in this story, Blurryface works very strangely. So what you're about to see is not at all how Blurryface works in real life. This is just so we can get to the bigger chunks of Cynthia's past.) "All right, please stop. This is causing me to feel things that I don't want to feel." But they didn't stop. They ignored everything Blurryface said, because they just wanted to be with each other. "No, quit showing affection to one another. That means that you don't have any more insecurities, and that goes against my entire reason for existing." He was slowly beginning to fade away. If they didn't have any insecurities, then Blurryface had no reason to exist. When their kiss ended, Blurryface was gone. Gone for good.