Chapter Twenty Seven

*no more indentions how about that* *oh and this will be a short chapter, kind of*

When they finally got home, Gracie ran into their room and shut the door. Cynthia looked at Tyler and raised an eyebrow before walking up the stairs and knocking on the door. "Who is it?"

"Cynthia. Can I come in?"

"Yeah." Cynthia opened the door, then shut it behind her. She sat down on the bed beside of Gracie and said, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She looked away. "Gracie, I can tell something's wrong. Why can't you just tell me?"

"Because I'm scared to. Now just drop it, alright?" She stood up and walked out. Cynthia looked down and sighed. "What is going on?"

..........

Cynthia woke up and decided to head to the bathroom. However, someone was already in there. She heard vomiting. Her eyes widened, and she whispered, "Who's in there?"

No response.

She turned the doorknob, and the door opened. She quickly shut it behind her and rubbed Gracie's back while she was vomiting. When she was done, she sat up and looked at Cynthia with wide eyes. "Gracie, why are you vomiting at......" She looked at the clock. "3:27 in the morning?"

"Because........." She looked down, and Cynthia stood up. "I think I have an idea. Stay here, I'm going to the store." She walked out of the bathroom and got dressed. She headed to the store and bought the thing that would give the answer:

A pregnancy test.

She paid for it and drove back to the house. She quickly went into the bathroom with the bag and shut the door. Gracie looked at the bag and said, "What's that?" Cynthia pulled the pregnancy test out, and Gracie broke down. "Please, no, please!" She hugged her and said, "It's okay. Just do it." She nodded, and she put the test in her shaky hands. Trembling, she did what she had to do, then set it down on the counter - on a paper towel, of course. "Now we wait."

When the waiting was over, Cynthia picked the test up and looked at it. When she read it, she dropped it and fell to the ground. She let the tears fall. "What? What is it?" She looked at Gracie and whispered the two words she didn't want to say:

"You're pregnant."