Chapter Thirty

Cynthia stopped running and hid behind a tree, too scared to even breathe.

She looked around, then looked back. She quickly hid again once she saw the figure. The menacing figure that was once the sweet, sarcastic, hilarious man she knew as her husband. Something had happened, something big.

Something so big that he is now trying to kill her.

She looked back, and he was gone. She ran until she was out of breath. Once again, she hid behind a tree, but immediately regretted it. She bit her hand to hold back the scream and fell to the ground, crying.

Gracie's body was covered in blood, her stomach cut open. There was a note in the middle:

He's next.

Cynthia quickly stood up and ran, knowing exactly who Tyler meant. But by the time she got to his body, she was too late. This time, the note said this:

The drummer, then the lead singer.

She stood up and ran, expecting for him to be dead. But Gerard was still alive, along with Lindsey and Bandit, who was crying. Gerard put his hands on Cynthia's shoulders and said, "What happened to Tyler?"

"I wish I knew. He's already got Gracie and Josh."

"Yeah. We saw. That's why Bandit's crying." Cynthia got on her knees in front of Bandit and hugged her tightly. "It's gonna be okay. I need you to do something for me." She pulled away, and Bandit nodded. "Go to sleep for me, okay? Just try and sleep." Bandit nodded, and Cynthia picked her up and handed her to Lindsey, who kissed Bandit on the forehead and said, "Sleep, sweetheart." She began to drift off and was soon asleep.

Cynthia looked at Gerard and said, "We need to get rid of whatever's causing this." He nodded, and looked over at Lindsey, who also nodded. "I don't need my daughter to see another murder today."

"Alright, so it seems that he only attacks the people who are alone. We just need to stay together." There was a noise behind them, and Cynthia turned around. There was a note on the ground:

Smart. But is it smart enough?

They exchanged nervous glances before hearing screams in the distance. They ran in the direction of the screams, Cynthia charging ahead. When they got to the source, Cynthia gasped and let out a strangled cry.

It was like a horror movie come to life.

Tyler's bruised and bloodied body was tied to a large wooden post, the ground beneath on fire. All of the dead people were dancing around the fire, singing Ring Around The Rosy in demonic voices. It was horrifying.

Tyler weakly looked up and yelled, "GO! DON'T LET HIM-" He passed out once more.

Everyone turned their heads toward Cynthia, Gerard, Lindsey, and Bandit. Dead Gracie spoke. "GET THEM." They all began to run toward them. Cynthia, Gerard, and Lindsey took off running. Cynthia yelled, "I didn't think this many people would be dead!"

"Yeah, how many people did he kill?!"

They quickly ran into an abandoned cabin and shut the door, locking it behind them. They quickly shoved all of the furniture against it and did everything they could to make sure that not a single dead person could get into the house.

Cynthia, exhausted, collapsed to the ground. She felt a lump in her throat, and didn't bother to hold it in. She cried, hugging herself and rocking back and forth. "What h-happened t-to Tyler?" she choked out.

"Cynthia, I have no idea, but I promise, we will figure this out. You will get your husband back." She nodded before wiping her tears away with her sleeve. She stood up and walked upstairs, needing a break from humanity.