Chapter Five

A/N: Here it is, folks! The long-awaited chapter five!

     "So, where are we going on our date, exactly?" Cynthia asked, the excitement in her voice very noticeable. Tyler chuckled. "Can't say," he said. "Why not?"

     "Because if I did, the surprise would be ruined. And we can't have that, now, can we?" She faked a pout, a smile trying to form on her lips. "I guess not," she said, trying her best to sound disappointed. It didn't work very well. She ended up making a weird noise at the end of her sentence. They both laughed.

     Cynthia interlocked her fingers with Tyler's, and began to swing their hands back and forth. He chuckled a little. "What?" she asked. "Nothing, nothing."

     "Tell me."

     "Nope."

     "Please?"

     "No."

     "Please?"

     "No."

     "Plea-"

     "Fine, fine!" He looked at her. "Sometimes, you act a little childish. There. Told you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to do something dangerous. I have to lead you to our next location."

     "Dangerous?" How is that-"

     "While covering your eyes."

     "Oh." He got behind her and covered her eyes. "Ready?" he asked. "Yup," she responded.

     He began to lead her to their next location. Everything was going smoothly, until she tripped on a tree root and fell. Because he was covering her eyes, he fell with her. Well, more like on top of her. "Can you get off of me, please?"

     "Yeah. But you have to promise me that your eyes will stay closed."

     "I promise."

     "Okay." He got off of her and helped her up. "I'm covering your eyes back up, okay?"

     "Okay." He covered her eyes again, and they continued walking. They kept going until Tyler told her to stop walking. When he uncovered her eyes, she gasped.

     "And you said I'm the one who acts childish." They were at a playground. "Well, this is just to get you tired so when you see what we'll be doing later, you'll gasp and love it."

     "Are you saying that if I'm not tired later, then I'm not gonna like what we'll be doing?"

     "Well, you might. To be honest, this is just our current way of passing the time. What we'll be doing later is something that should be done at night."

     "Okay...?" Cynthia walked over to the swing set and started swinging back and forth. Tyler did the same in the other swing. They went as high as they could go.

     When they stopped, they decided to play tag. Cynthia was it. Tyler ran from her as fast as he could, and she chased after him. Because the playground was near the woods, Tyler decided to run into the woods. It would be the easiest way to get Cynthia off of his tail.

     As soon as they ran into the woods, Cynthia didn't feel safe. She was suddenly scared to death. I'll  just go to Tyler and everything will be all right, she thought. She turned in a full circle, and didn't see Tyler anywhere. Oh, no, she thought. She suddenly had a flashback.

********Warning: May be slightly triggering.********

     "Cynthia!" her brother yelled. "Yeah?"

     "Come and check this out!" He was pointing into the woods. Cynthia loved the woods. To be honest, she loved nature itself.

     They ran into the woods. The trees were huge. Because it was winter, the trees had frost covering them all over. Cynthia thought it was beautiful.

     "Wow. Everything looks so much cooler in the wintertime," her brother said. She lightly punched him for making such a bad joke.

     "So, now that we're here, what do you want to do?" He thought about it. "Tag?" he suggested. "Sure. I'm it." She quickly tapped him. "Tag! You're it!" She ran away as quick as she could, the dead leaves crunching under her feet. "Not for long," she heard her brother call out. She tried to run even faster.

     When she thought she was far enough, she hid behind a tree. She looked back to see her brother. She saw nothing. All she saw were the trees. "Jake?" she called out. She heard her echo, then pure silence. She was alarmed. She ran everywhere, calling his name. Then she heard a scream.

     Jake's scream.

     She ran as fast as she could, following the noise. She was so close when his scream got cut off.

     Oh, no.

     She went in the direction of the scream and finally found her brother.

     Or, what used to be her brother.

     In place of him was his dead body, blood all over.

     She fell onto her knees. Then she screamed. When she did, it felt like she was letting go of so many things. It felt like she was letting go of so many feelings, some of which she was unaware of.

     When she stopped, she felt so many emotions all at once.

     Fear.

     Despair.

     Sadness.

     Grief.

     The final emotion she felt, however, was.....

     Anger.

********Trigger warning over. Sorry if I crushed your innocent souls.********

     Cynthia dropped onto her knees, tears flowing out of her eyes, down onto the ground. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't stop them. She felt like she was going to pass out.

     The last thing she heard was Tyler, saying, "Cynthia? Cynthia!"

     Then everything went black.

A/N: So. That was......something. I'm sorry if I crushed your innocent little souls. That was the fifth chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. If you didn't, then........I know why. No explanation will be needed. I just felt like something like that had to happen eventually. Why not now, instead of later, when it'll be even more scarring? I think that's about it. Bye!