Chapter 2

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 2

━━━━━━━━━

(POV) Bree

"Bree, it broke my heart years ago when both our store, and Muffin Mania, lost their workers, and I will not let this happen to you, too." Bree's boss cried. Bree sighed as she placed her hand on her boss' shoulder, trying to calm her down. Bree knew how upsetting this was for her. By the looks of it, Chase's boss didn't even feel anything towards this particular situation.

Bree looked up at the women. Secretly Bree knew she wasn't crying about the story, she was crying about her own forgotten romance. The owners/ Bree and Chase's bosses had been madly in love while they were in high school. It ended very abruptly after they each took over the new-found family businesses (Cupcake City and Muffin Mania). Bree's boss, Tasha, was still in love with Chase's boss, Donald Davenport.

Even though Tasha was still in love with Donald Davenport, she had still married another man right after she took over the business. Tasha and her husband, Douglas, had two sons, Adam and Leo. Tasha and Douglas had just gotten divorced a few months ago and she was training Bree to take over the business, while Donald, was doing the same with Chase.

"Don't worry about it, Tasha. There is, and never will be, anything between Chase and I. We've never even talked before." Bree sighed as she looked over to see Chase probably getting the same lecture as her. If only they could speak to each other. Bree knew somewhere deep down that Chase felt the same. She couldn't help but wonder what things would be like if they weren't in this situation.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I had no idea. I just don't want you to go through the same thing I had to go through. Especially since your life has been hard enough, already. Now, pack up and let's get home." Tasha said as Bree started to grab her bag.

Bree let her thoughts fall to her mother and father. Her mother had died of cancer when Bree was 6. She didn't remember much of her mother but she did remember how caring she was. Then, when Bree was 13, her father was convicted of murder. Bree never thought of him as a father after that. He killed Bree's younger brother, Marcus. No one ever knew why. Bree had just started working at Cupcake City when this happened. So Tasha took Bree in. Bree always wondered if her father had been let out of jail or not, but Tasha always reminded her that this could never happen. Bree was safe with Tasha and her two new adoptive brothers. Bree climbed into the car as Tasha started the car.

"What do you want to do this weekend?" Tasha asked as they pulled into the driveway. Bree sighed as she thought the ought her unscheduled weekend days.

"Well, I have school tomorrow, and then it's the weekend. Then I have a big test on Monday... So I'll probably be studying." Bree thought aloud and then looked to Tasha.

"Oh, okay. Do you want to have any of your friends over to study with?" Tasha asked hopefully. She had only ever let her "mother" meet Caitlyn, who was her only friend other than Leo and Adam.

"I don't know. I'll think about it." Bree replied as Tasha nodded. They walked into the house and Tasha made her way over to the kitchen to make a late dinner. Leo turned to them the second he heard the door open.

"Hey mom." Leo called while he made his way to the counter to wait for dinner. Tasha smiled down at her son.

"Oh... Mom's home. Thank god! I am so hungry." Adam yelled from the couch. He joined Leo at the counter and sat on the barstool by him. Bree just laughed at her brothers before they each looked over at her.

"Hey, Bree. I haven't seen you since this morning." Leo commented as he stood up to hug his sister. Bree smiled and pulled away before answering.

"I know, I'm sorry. I had to stay after school and then mom and I had work." Bree explained as she made her way to hug Adam. Adam stood up and took Bree over by the stairs. Bree frowned as Leo and Tasha just ignored it, knowing Adam probably had something to tell her.

"Look, I know that mom is upset about those two Muffin Mania guys. I know that you know the story. The story about Mom and Davenport before they took over the businesses." Adam stated quietly, knowing his mom would kill him if she heard he had found out even a little piece of the story. Bree looked over her shoulder at her adoptive mother, then back to Adam. How did he even find out about all of this?

"Yeah, so? Why do you need to know?" Bree said, getting a little defensive. She knew Tasha had told her never to tell anyone. Tasha finally had a daughter to share her life stories with. Bree was happy she was trusted with this information, and she didn't want to wreck that just because Adam was pressing her for information.

"Well, you know how it involves that Davenport guy, which then leads back to Chase..." Adam left off as he mentioned Chase. Adam and Chase were best friends, and Adam knew how Bree had feelings, even though she may not admit it, towards Chase.

"And?" Bree asked, feeling annoyed that Adam may know how she felt.

"Chase wants to know." Adam finished.

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either me or music501 when you can!

~Shay