Chapter 20

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 20

━━━━━━━━━

(POV) Bree

"Okay... I have set up a wire under the table so we can hear everything they're saying." Leo said. We all sat down around a table, close to the window, and began to listen.

"You look lovely tonight Tasha." Davenport said.

"Thank you, Donald. You don't look to bad yourself." Tasha said back in a caring voice.

"Okay. I know that the kids are probably trying to get us back together, so let's just go along with it for a little and try to have a good time." Davenport stated suddenly. I looked over at Chase who was now watching the couple through the window.

"I need some explanation before that happens." Tasha said in all seriousness. I looked through the window to see basically everything had stopped. They were just watching each other.

"Alright, here it goes. The last time we were here, your parents and my parents had told me to break up with you. I had this all planed, actually... It looked almost exactly like this. Anyway, I had made you the scrapbook and it was going to be perfect." Davenport paused as he saw Tasha raise her hand up to stop him.

"Wait. What was that part about parents breaking us up?" Tasha asked.

"I didn't want to, but they told me that we would probably break up anyway. I thought it would be better to break up cleanly than to slowly move apart. And then I completely forgot about the proposal at the end of the scrapbook-" Tasha stopped him again.

"What proposal?" Tasha asked, sounding both worried, surprised, and happy at the same time.

"Haven't you seen it? I wrote a note at the end of the scrapbook and taped a ring in... I thought it was cute." Davenport mumbled the last part, thinking Tasha didn't like it. Tasha's face took on a more sympathetic look to it as she watched Davenport closely.

"I've never looked at the end of the scrapbook, before. I've only been able to make it a few pages in before..." Tasha left, off thinking of how she could only make it a few pages in before crying.

"Wait. Here it is, right here. See look." Davenport said as he handed Tasha the red scrapbook.

"Wow. That's beautiful, Donald." Tasha gushed as she looked down at the page.

"You really like the ring?" Davenport asked with a smile.

"Well yes, and no. I meant the note." Tasha said as she switched her attention to Davenport.

"Oh... Well I meant it then." Davenport said trying to gain the courage of what he was about to say. Tasha nodded slowly, looking slightly defeated.

"I can tell." Tasha's face fell as she heard that. She had hoped for something more.

"And ... Umm ... I still mean it now." Davenport finished as Tasha looked back up at him.

"What?" Tasha questioned.

"Tasha... I've never stopped loving you. I had been scared of what our parents would think, and then their was the rivalry. I didn't mean to hurt you. But if it makes you feel any better, I also ended up hurting myself and-" Tasha stopped his again.

"Donald, stop. I don't need to hear any more." Tasha paused.

"Oh, I guess maybe I'll just be on my way-"

"No, Donald. I never stopped loving you, either." Tasha finished with a smile.

"Really? What about Douglas?" Davenport asked. He had heard that the love of his life had gotten married once they had broken up. It was hard not to tell with the kids popping up as well.

"I was trying to get over you, and then he proposed and I didn't know what to say. So, I said yes, and then we had Adam and Leo." Tasha explained.

"Wow. But that's all in the past. Tasha, will you take me back?" We all sat there, completely stunned. If we had known just even getting them to eat dinner together was all it took to solve our problems, well, let's just say we'd wished we'd have done this sooner.

"Yes Donald! I will take you back." After we heard those words we all turned our attention to the window and saw as the stood up to reunite.

"Adam, quick! Turn on the love song!" I ordered as Adam stumbled out of his seat to hit the play button at the controls across the room.

"Donald, listen. The kids know it's our song." Tasha pointed out as she wrapped her arms around Davenport's neck.

"Tasha, may I have this dance?" Davenport asked teasingly.

"Of course." Tasha replied happily. The couple began swaying back and forth. I turned to my brothers and my, hopefully, soon to be boyfriend and smiled. I couldn't ask for anything more right now. We were able to get Tasha and Davenport back together. They were happier than ever.

But of course there were still a few problems:

1) Leo's leg was still broken

2) Adam has to graduate tomorrow

3) Chase and I aren't officially a couple yet

4) Considering three, if it happens, how will Tasha and Davenport take it?

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either me or music501 when you can!

~Shay