Chapter 22

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 22

━━━━━━━━━

(POV) Bree

The next day passed by in a blur.

Mission Creek High had graduation tonight, so there was no school. We were going to have a small party at the house, so we had to prepare all day. And before you ask, Chase and Davenport were at the top of the guest list.

"Bree? Do you want to come to the store with me to pick up a few things?" Tasha called from downstairs. A smile rested on my face.

"Yeah, sure." I called back, grabbing my phone before I jumped up to my feet. I headed down the stairs to see Leo on the couch preparing the decorations for us to hang up.

"Hey, Leo? Do you want me to invite Janell?" I asked as I walked over to the couch.

"You could do that? I mean... Yeah, sure. Seems legit." Leo said trying, to sound cool. I laughed back at him as he glared as me.

"Yes, Leo. I can do that. I'll text her when I get to the car." I said as Tasha grabbed her purse. Leo punched the air in triumph before Tasha led me outside. I rolled my eyes at my brother. Wait.

"Hey, where's Adam?" I asked as we stepped outside. I had found Leo no problem, but my brother who was graduating seemed to be missing in action.

"He went over to Caitlyn's so she could help him pick out an outfit." Tasha explained as we reached the car. "Oh and by the way... Donald and Chase are going to meet us at the mall. You two can go do whatever you want and I'll text you when Donald and I are done shopping." Tasha said. She glanced my way for a second. I was so happy. We finally got to hang out like a real couple.

"Does Chase know?" I asked. It seemed like Tasha had planned a surprise for us. Plus, she had that look on her face that screamed she had something secret going on.

"No, he doesn't. So you have to go hide behind the counter in the muffin shop after we get there." Tasha smirked as she saw my smile grow wider. We drove the short distance to the mall before hopping out of the car. We walked into the mall to see Davenport waiting outside the store.

"Hey, Tasha, Bree. Come on in." Davenport said as he motioned for us to step inside the forbidden muffin shop.

"Okay, Bree. Chase will be here any second. I told him to go get me a soda at the food court. So... You hide." Davenport said with a smile as he and Tasha calmly sat down in front of the counter.

"Hey, Mr. Davenport. Oh... Hey Tasha. Anyway, here's your soda." Chase said as he walked in and handed the soda to Davenport.

"Thanks, Chase. Before you go... Can you get me my jacket from behind the counter?" Davenport asked as he and Tasha made their way to the door.

"Yeah... I guess I can." Chase answered warily. He shook his head before walking over to the counter. Here's my cue. Chase was just rounding the corner when I hopped up.

"Hey, Handsome." I said as I jumped at him.

"Whoa! Okay... Now the jacket thing makes sense." Chase said as he pulled me into a hug. We stood there waiting for whatever Davenport and Tasha had to say. Again, they just had that look about them.

"Alright you two, go and have fun. Bree, I'll text you when we're ready to head back to the house so please, turn your ring tone on." Tasha said sternly. She knew how I liked to keep my phone on silent. The ring scared me half the time so I saw no point in it.