Chapter 14

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 14

━━━━━━━━━

(POV) Bree

I walked back into the store and switched the sign to open. It was hard to believe it was only 12 o' clock. Tasha told Adam that for my punishment I would run the store alone today. Adam dropped me off and instructed me to text him when I had had enough. I was fine with that. For one thing, I couldn't deal with Tasha right now. Also, given the fact that Chase had texted me that Davenport was taking a "day of stress", I was even more okay with working alone today. So that meant Chase and I had the stores to ourselves.

I unlocked the door and changed the sign to open as I got everything ready. The people walking by noticed and decided to stop by for some cupcakes.

# # #

At three o' clock I got a thirty minute break, so I walked across the way to Muffin Mania. I looked over to see Chase coming out at the same time I was.

"Thirty minute planning period over fries?" Chase asked as I walked closer. I laughed and nodded.

"Of course." I said with a smile. He took my hand in his as we made our way over to the food court. We picked a table and Chase went over to get the fries. I sat for a minute just thinking. I can't believe I'm actually going behind Tasha's back to meet with Chase. I have never done anything like this before.

"Hey, Bree!!" Someone called from behind me. I could hear them running towards me when suddenly, I had arms wrapped around me from behind. I stiffened at first, but soon enough I recognized who was crazy enough to run across the mall just to hug me.

"Hey, Caitlyn." I replied as I turned around and hugged her back. She smiled as we pulled away.

"Hey, umm... Is Adam here?" She asked shyly. I looked at her for a second, and then, I saw it. She still liked Adam. When I lied to Tasha, I wasn't completely lying. Caitlyn did break up with Rodney. We just weren't texting her last night. I actually haven't seen her for a couple of days.

"No, he's home with Leo." As I answered back, her face fell. Only to be replaced by confusion.

"Wait, then who are you here with?" Caitlyn asked. I smiled happily think of Chase.

"Oh I'm here with Ch-" But I was interrupted.

"She's here with me." Chase said as he set the fries and shake with two straws down on the table. He came over to the other side of the table and put his arm around me. I turned back to see Caitlyn was smiling at us.

"Bree, can I talk to you for a sec?" Caitlyn basically squealed. I turned to Chase who just nodded back at me. Caitlyn grabbed my arm and drug me over a few feet away from Chase. I laughed, knowing we were still close enough for him to hear us.

"Are you two like, you know, dating?!" Caitlyn whisper-yelled. I was pretty sure Chase could hear this conversation clearly. Not that I ever doubted this act before.

"Kind of. I mean, we both know that we like each other, but our boss' don't want us dating. But as of right now, we're fixing it." I explained. Caitlyn went from happy, to ecstatic within seconds of hearing that. She began jumping up and down as I watched. She and I laughed as she stopped.

"Oh my god, Bree! Okay, I'll let you talk with him but text me later! Wait... Can I go over to your house to hang with Adam?" Caitlyn asked. I smiled at her and nodded.

"Of course. I'll be home at like five thirty or six so I'll see you there, later." Caitlyn squealed again and headed in another direction. I turned to see Chase smiling at me.

"What? What's the smile for." I asked sarcastically as I sat down. Chase smirked and picked up a fry.

"So, we're kind of a thing? I told you, and everyone else, that I loved you earlier." He laughed again. I looked at him and smiled.

"Well I never got a chance to tell you that I love you, too. AND, you never did finish asking me to be your girlfriend." I countered as I smiled back at him. He shrugged.

"How do you know that I would have asked you?" Chase asked in complete seriousness, though, I could still here the sarcasm in his voice. I laughed.

"Just a lucky guess." I replied as he smiled back at me.

"Well as much as I do want you to be my girlfriend, I think we need to get rid of the meddling bosses first." He said. Suddenly, I remembered why we were even sitting here in the first place. We weren't just here to have lunch together.

"Oh, right. Okay. I think we should set up the date for Monday night, since, Adam's graduation is on Tuesday. So then, it will be exactly like before." I suggested as Chase nodded along.

"Yes. I think I remember Davenport saying that he had the football field rented out, and he had a steak dinner set up in the middle of the field for them." Chase said in deep thought of what Davenport had told him. I looked at him like he was crazy. How did Davenport even do that in the first place? He must have really loved Tasha...

"Okay explanation time, you look confused. Their first date was a football game, and, Davenport is extremely rich." Chase said. I nodded as he explained.

"Oh, but I do think that would be cute. I have a great idea! What if Adam and I find all of their pictures and we can display them at the football field! Then you, have to find out their favorite bands that they liked back then, and we'll play it while their eating. We can watch from the skybox!" I said, getting more excited by the minute. This was going to be great.

"That's perfect, Bree." Chase replied as he smiled back at me. I looked down at my phone and noticed we had ten minutes left.

"Well these fries won't eat themselves." I said as I reached for one then dipped it into the milkshake. Chase looked at me like I was crazy for a second.

"It's good. Try it." I said as he grabbed a fry. He dipped it into the shake and brought it up to his mouth. He looked back at me before he took it in his mouth.

"Do you like it?" I asked hopefully.

"Well..." Chase paused. I felt kind of bad, I had hoped he would like it.

"I'm just kidding, Bree. It's actually really good. I can't believe I haven't tried this before." He said with a smile. I felt really happy after that, then a thought came to mind.

"This could be our first date." I said kind of quietly. Chase looked up at me and smiled.

"That's exactly what I was thinking."

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either me or music501 when you can!

~Shay