Chapter 19

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 19

━━━━━━━━━

(POV) Bree

Chase, Adam, now even Leo, and I have been secretly planning things for the date all day. Chase and I told Davenport and Tasha last night that they had a date the next day that was to be held at the Mission Creek Football Field... No questions asked. Right now, it's three o' clock on Monday, and Adam is driving us home to get the finishing touches ready... and to dress up. But that was a minor detail on a much bigger picture.

I haven't seen Chase all day and it's driving me crazy. Adam got to talk to him for a couple minutes before class this morning but then, coincidentally, Danielle shows up to take Chase away. So Adam was "stuck" with Caitlyn. Sarcasm intended simply because the two are a couple once more.

"Bree, do you have everything in the back of my car?" Adam asked as we pulled into the driveway. I nodded, happy at my job well done. I've been doing the majority of the work here.

"Yep. I just have to get the scrapbook for the table. Do you have any Guns N' Roses?" I asked, hoping he would have remembered.

"Actually, yeah. I bought a couple albums when I was a freshmen. I thought I could be in a band. Come to think of it... Chase, Marcus, Leo and I had a band for a little bit." Adam smiled at the memory. I seriously couldn't picture the four of them being friends, considering Leo hated Marcus but hey, if they wanted a band, they surely had a band. Marcus moved away during our freshmen her of high school since he was in my grade. We haven't talked with him since. He said Leo freaked him out.

"What are you wearing tonight guys?" I asked as Adam and I stepped out of the car to help Leo. We've been carrying the kid around all day, I have no idea why he just had to go to school.

"A suit, obviously." Adam said back in his infamous, duh tone. I rolled my eyes.

"Well since I can't dress up fully, I will be wearing a suit and tie t-shirt with a fancy jacket along with relatively nice cutoff pants. Ya-know, cause of this bad boy right here." Leo said as he pointed to his broken leg. Leo got onto his crutches and hobbled off after Adam.

We walked into the house to see clothes everywhere. I stopped dead in my tracks as Leo walked around the mess. Adam laughed quietly as he followed his brother further into the house. I sighed and shut the door.

"Bree, honey. I just might need your help picking something for this date. I haven't been on a date since Douglas and I were going out. What do the cool people wear these days?" Tasha called to me. I slowly made my way up the stairs, trying to avoid stepping on any of Tasha's clothes. They were all relatively expensive.

"What outfits do you have picked so far?" I asked. Knowing Tasha... She had already tried on a few things and had at least five different options laid out neatly on her bed, while everything else was laying, wrecked around the house. Sure enough, when I walked into Tasha's room, I came to see four neatly laid out outfits sitting on the bed. Tasha stared in concentration at them all, wondering just what she should wear.

"I think the second one from the right." I said as I walked in. It was a dark blue peplum dress that I helped her pick out in our last shopping spree months ago. She was going to wear it on whatever anniversary her and Douglas were on, but they got divorced before she got to wear it.

"I was thinking that one, too. I haven't worn it yet," Tasha smiled and picked up the other ones, hanging them back in her closet with ease. I headed over to my room to pick out my outfit. We had told Davenport and Tasha that after we took them to the mysterious dating site, that we were headed for a fancy dinner of our own. Being Tasha and Davenport, they bought it without a second thought. Not that either party knew that Chase and I would both be attending this. I looked down at the choices below. I eventually decided on a red lace dress (Bree's dress at the top).

Two and a half hours later, I walked out to see Tasha dressed with light grey three inch heels and her dark blue dress. I walked out in my red lace dress, my hair curled and to the side, and finally, bright pink four inch heels. Adam came down the stairs in a full suit with a black tie. And then came Leo in his outfit, which I can only describe as average Leo.

"Are we ready?" Tasha asked hopefully, sounding nervous at the same time.

"Yep. I got the keys." Adam replied with a smile.

"Let's roll, baby." Leo yelled as he crutched his way to the door.

"Come on, cripple! You can move faster than that!" Adam called to Leo as we walked down the driveway. Adam was driving us all down to the football field where we had set up everything hours before. I smiled as my phone lit up, showing a text from Chase.

From Chase :P

It's a go. I got Davenport and we're walking from the parking lot now.

To Chase :P

Great! We'll be there in 5

Adam drove us to the parking lot of the football field before we each got out of the car.

"Why on earth would you guys set up a blind date at a football field?" Tasha asked, sounding both excited and nervous once again. I smiled slyly. She had no idea.

"You'll see. Adam? Stay here with Leo. I'll be right back." I said as I turned my attention to Tasha. We linked arms as we walked through the gates. In the distance, I could see Chase with Mr. Davenport.

"Why hello, ladies. Tasha, won't you sit down." Chase said as we walked up. Chase pulled out the chair for Tasha. Davenport stood back up.

"Chase, why are Tasha and Bree here? I thought this was a blind date." Davenport stated, the worry evident on his face.

"Bree, why don't we head back to the car." Tasha suggested, slowly turning the other direction. I grabbed her arm.

"No, Tasha. Donald is your blind date." Chase explained slowly.

"Yes. So... Why don't you two sit, and this fine waiter here, will serve you your food." I said as Tasha and Davenport sat back down. Chase came around from the other side of the table and took my hand.

"Now, if you two try and sneak off... It won't work. We'll be up there, watching your every movement. And, niether of you have keys to a car. Have a lovely evening." Chase said teasingly as he slowly pulled me away. We made our way over to the elevator that lead to the skybox. Adam and Leo had already been up there for a while, keeping watch.

"Hey guys." I said as we stepped through the elevator and made our way over to the full wall-window. It looked down on where Tasha and Davenport were dining.

"Okay... I have set up a wire under the table so we can hear everything they're saying." Leo said. We all sat down around a table, close to the window, and began to listen.

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either me or music501 when you can!

~Shay