Chapter 11

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 11

━━━━━━━━━

(POV) Bree

Previously...

"Or, maybe we should team up and get them back together." Adam wondered aloud. I smiled as I thought through all the possibilities. Tasha and Davenport could end up killing each other. Or worse, something worse could definitely happen.

"Get who back together?" Tasha asked as she put the papers into her purse. Adam and I looked up at each other and then back to Tasha. "I'm waiting."

"You know what, tell me later, Bree. I need to talk to you about something else, anyway." Tasha added with a sigh. Adam looked down at me as we followed Tasha down the hall to where Leo would be until he woke up. I looked back to Adam and gave him a small smile.

"At least now she'll know. I won't have to lie any more." I thought.

I frowned as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

From Adam, To Bree

Tell her... Hopefully she'll understand

From Bree, To Adam

I don't think she will. But I do think we should get them back together. Then maybe she'll understand

From Adam, To Bree

Yes! Now we really need to plan tomorrow. You are definitely coming to Chase's with me

From Bree, To Adam

Fine by me. It was really my idea anyway

I rolled my eyes as we continued down the hallway. We walked into the ICU and over to the farthest bed on the left side. Leo was sound asleep. I really did feel bad for the kid, but I also felt partly bad for us, as well. We would have to be caring for his every beck and call for the next... Who knows how long.

•Chase's POV•

Now I'm really worried. Bree hasn't texted me back either time, and I basically told her the last time that I blew our chance at having a relationship. We haven't even been talking for a day. Let alone the fact that we aren't even dating yet.

"Alright, Chase. You can head home." Davenport sighed as he switched the sign to closed. I headed through the double doors to the locker room.

"Why did I have to do that? It was going so well." I thought as I opened my locker. I twisted the dial with the correct combo before it popped open. I grabbed my bag and headed back out. I knew that Davenport would probably have a few choice words for me before I left. I have never been able to get away that easily in the past.

"Chase." Davenport started as I stopped in the center of the store. Davenport blocked the doors that lead into the main way of the mall, which, was my freedom at this point. I rolled my eyes once more at my supposed boss and father figure. I was getting sick of the back and forth between us.

"I don't care how you feel about Bree. We have a reputation to uphold. I just barely got this business away from the news of what happened last time." Davenport paused to let his words sink in. "You need to know that there are rules. One of those rules, is not dating the competition. That's why I broke up with Tasha. It would have come between us sooner or later." Davenport mumbled the last part, but I still heard it. Even if I hadn't heard, I would have been able to put the pieces together. This was never supposed to he about my feelings for Bree, this was about he and Tasha's relationship. It always has been, and always will be unless we fight against him.