Chapter 6 | Dirty Little Secret

'I, young Maiden, will free you from here!~'

Those words played over and over in my head as the hot water from my shower fell from my chest, to my stomach and down my legs. Turning up the heat, I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

Lobelia, Lobelia, Lobelia
Did I really want to transfer there?

Turning off the shower, I shook most of the water off of me and stepped out, feeling the cold air as I wrapped a towel around me. I opened the door slowly and made my way out of the bathroom to get a change of clothes before I heard a knock on the door.

"Tsuki, the Hitachiins are here!~ Hurry up!~" I heard my older sister say as I grabbed my clothes, yelling at her that I'd be out there soon. Dropping my towel, I quickly slipped on a decent outfit and ran over to my vanity to do my makeup and hair.

Brushing my hair, I turned on my hair dryer and pointed it towards me so it dried every strand of hair. I pulled them into quick twin tails before dabbing on a bit of makeup swiftly. Grabbing some mascara, I added a bit to my curly lashes before dashing out of my bedroom and down the stairs of my mansion, soon being greeted by my maids.

"Hello girls, do you happen to know where my mother and the Hitachiins are?" I asked them, a slight smile on my face as they nodded and lead me to the office, where the supposedly were, "Thank you dears, your help is greatly appreciated!~"

The maids smiled before leaving me to go into the office. Once doing so, I saw Yuhuza - Hikaru and Kaorus mum - and the the twins sitting in front of my mother and sister.

"Hello, sorry for the wait!~" I told them, beaming brightly as they dismissed me, lightly chuckling.

"It's alright Tsuki." Kaoru told me, a light smile on his face as I giggled and took a seat next to my older sister, Hana, "Say, even though you guys are related, you don't look anything like the rest of your family, Tsuki."

"Well that's because-" Hana started before I interrupted her, not wanting people to know that I was adopted.

"It's because I have recessive gens!~ Even though my father and mother have brown hair, I was born with blonde hair!~" I laughed nervously as the twins shrugged it off and we started with our meeting.

•|•|•

"Have a great day you three! Drive safe!~" I exclaimed as the three walked over to their limo and smiled, waving at me before they drove off.

Another successful meeting!

I sighed happily before I turned to go inside. As I took a few steps forward, a hand caught my shoulder, catching me off guard. I quickly turned around to see Hana with a serious look on her face.

"Why didn't you want them to know that you're adopted?" I sighed and pulled Hana inside of the mansion, not wanting anyone to hear what I had to say. I quickly lead her to the loving room, where I sat down and looked at my feet, "Well? Why didn't you let me tell them?"

"I didn't want you to tell them because then they'd try to find my family." I answered, the tears starting to well up in my eyes. I was always a crybaby when it came to this topic, "I don't want to leave you guys."

"You're gonna have to tell them sooner or later, Hon." She told me, kneeling before me to wipe away my tears, "And one day, you will want to see your family, don't you want someone to know where they are beforehand?"

"Hana?" I mumbled quietly, sniffling inaudibly as I looked up to meet her face, "Who is my family? Why weren't they able to take care of me?"

"That's something mum should tell you, not me.." She answered after a few long seconds of silence. Hana stood up slowly, taking my hand with a sweet smile on her face, "C'mon, let's get you to bed, all this crying must've made you tired."

[ Third Person PoV ]

"It doesn't make sense! Kyouya, are you sure that she's actually related to them?" Hikaru asked, loudly speaking into his phone as Kyouya was typing away at his computer, trying to find the information that they desired.

"I'm sure Hikar-" Kyouya started before he saw something on his screen that he had always skimmed over, "Hikaru, it says that Tsuki was added to the Adachi Family on October 25, 1994... But her birthday is February 24, 1990.."

"So that means what?" Hikaru asked, impatient and wanting answers. Kyouya rolled his eyes at the boy and sighed.

"It means that she wasn't born into the family." Kyouya explained, quickly typing up an email to the Haninozukas, "Hikaru, study those dates carefully, do they ring a bell?"

After a few moments of silence, it all clicked. The date that Tsuki was added to the family was a few days after Hanis younger sister was taken from them. Hikaru gasped in realization and looked towards his twin with a look on his face no one could describe.

"Did we just find the Missing Haninozuka Flower?"