Chapter 18

I wake quickly. Tessa is yelling at Miss. Judge. "What in the hell was that?" Miss. Judge stands firmly and calmly.

I try to get up, and find my legs wobbling and knees feel like jelly. My head is aching like it was hit with a hammer.

"I'm sorry ladies and gentleman. I have never had a group of fire users this close to the limit. Report to the nurse please, she can help. Meanwhile, I'll inform your next teacher that you might be late."

I groan, crawling out of the ball. I think this is my least favorite part of this school. Tessa and I lean on each other, barely standing up.

I'm seriously wondering why they don't take precautions to keep that from happening. We were told the nurse is in the hallway next to the gym. When we get there, another group of 4 people is sitting outside the door.

We plop down on the wall beside them. "Were you guys in Miss. Judges class too?" One of them nods,"Yes, we are I've users." He says. "I heard this happens to a lot of people. My older brother passed out too. But he was was fine." A girl beside him says.

At least I know we aren't the only ones for it to happen to. We sit there quietly for a few minutes before the kid before us comes out. He is holding his eye, and honestly, in this school, I don't want to know what happened.

She motions in th group on front of us, and they joyously stumble up from the floor, into the room. "This school is kind of rough." Tessa scoffs, "You don't say."

I give her a glance, why has she been acting so... hostile?

°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●

Tessas POV

When the nurse is done, she sends us all off with some medicine to take for 4 days. She said it also might help with power outbursts, so I'm glad about that.

Our other classes finished quickly, and we basically did the same thing in every class. Introduced ourselves, and showed our powers.

Honestly, after Miss. Judges class, the others seemed so boring.

Lila and I head back to our room, to find Karli and Molli in there again. I laugh, grabbing Molli by the shirt collar as she runs by. "What are you doing?" I ask.

She shyly smiles,"Audrey and Chris let us in!" I roll my eyes, letting her go to find Karli. "Audrey! Chris!" I yell. She pops her head from the closet,"You little tattle tale! She says to Molli.

She giggles, and goes fairy, flying to the corner where she cant get her.

"Why'd you let the girls in?" I ask. Lila seems absorbed in playing hide and seek with them. "They wanted to surprise you. Karli said she wanted to make a cake with you. And of course Molli followed."

I smile,"That's sweet, I guess it's ok. Where's Chris?" I question. "He went back to his room, didn't want to make you mad." She says, laughing.

I smile, it's almost funny I have that effect on people now.

"Well you can go get Chris, Lila and I will start baking with the girls." I suggest. Audrey agrees, walking out of the room.

"Ok girls, why do you want to make a cake?" Lila asks, sitting them down from their rapid game of hide and seek.

Karli lights up,"Its Nadias birthday tommorow! She told me and said she was sad because she couldn't celebrate with her family."

We both smile,"Of course we will help!" They excitedly dance around for a few seconds before we round them up to the kitchenette.

"Alright girls. I'm going to go get some ingredients from the cafeteria. Tessa will help you get the things together. Ok?" Lila takes the lead. The girls immediately agree.

Lila walks out, and they stand obediently in front of me. "Alright, Karli, go to Aaron and make him help you get a mixer from the ladies in the cafeteria, ok?" I instruct.

She nods, and with quick,'Mhm," she runs out the door. "What about me?" Molli asks. "You are going to go help me get tools together. I need you to grab a whisk and baking pans. I'll get a recipe from online." I say.

I feel like everything was already planned in my head and I didn't know it.

While Karli rummages through our cabinets, I get on my laptop to find a recipe. "Molli! What kind of cake? I yell out. "Vanilla and strawberry swirl! She said it's her favorite!" She yells back.

I quickly find a recipe, and text Lila the ingredients.  As everyone begins coming back, it seems we are all too caught up in making Nadia happy to bother thinking about the stress of the first day of school.

QOTD: Do you have a Dog?
AOTD: I have a huge dog, 25 pounds more than me (though I'm only 62 pounds at 13) He's and Alaskan Malamute/ husky. Sometimes he can be ruff. I get dog tired from his running around. Though when he does something punny it makes for quite a tail. Though sometimes he runs around insanely, and that's pawful. I bet you are fur sure done with my puns. I got lots more that are clawsome. I know I can be earittating.