Chapter 22

I hop on the hotel bed, giggling. Rose smiles at me. "This is going to be so fun!" I rave. We finally made it, and checked in to the hotel.

Just driving here I was mesmerized by everything around me. An usher behind us pushes in our cart of bags. We will only have a weekend here, but I will make the most of it.

"I'm going to take a quick shower, after that I think we have reservations at The Ledbury." Rose says, grabbing her bag from the cart.

"That's ok with me, I'll change out here." I respond. She grabs out a dress and undergarments, and goes to the shower.

Meanwhile I pull out a black dress with a spaghetti strap top and lacy skirt. I dig through a bag and pull out some black heels that used to be my 'mothers'. She rarely went to fancy events, so they've only been worn, maybe, one or two times.

I put them on the bed, not wanted to walk in ankle breaking heels until I have to.

There is a mirror by the bed so I pull my hair up into a neat bun. People here are fancier right? I just didn't want to seem like a 'messy american' at the restaurant.

I grab my purse and a white jacket, and scroll through my Instagram feed until Rose comes out.

"Um... Lila? Can you come here?" She says nervously.

"Sure. What's up?" I ask. She has a towel around her still, for some reason. I wonder what she could need. Then I see the tub. Its filled with dirt, and has grass and flowers growing from it.

I can't help it, and burst out laughing. Rose laughs at my laughing, and to be honest, we probably look ridiculous right now.

Once I calm down, I burn what I can, and we work together to throw the rest out the window. Luckily, nobody noticed it. Rose rinses the rest out of the tub.

"Now get ready, we have to be there in 20 minutes." I say, pushing her back in the bathroom.

She gets ready in record time, and we head out quickly. She has a dress similar to mine, in a red color. Tessa lent her the dress, so I'm guessing she purposely made it matching.

When we get there, Rose clutches my hand in the crowd. There is so many people around the restaurant it makes me afraid of losing her.

We make it to the front and tell the seater,"Reservations for Bastil?" He looks at a tablet and smiles,"OK! Follow me!"

He takes us to a table near the back, and we sit down. "We will be right over to get your drink orders."

From here starts a long night of talking and giggling.

°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●

"Are you kidding! You faceplanted into their wedding cake!" Rose laughs, trying to contain herself.

I giggle,"Yup! And it ended up in a gigantic food fight!" Rose puts a hand on her chest, trying to stop laughing.

The waiter walks by,"Your check, misses." Rose grabs it before I can. "My treat." She insists. I smile sincerely,"You're just so..." I trail off, trying to think of the best word.

"So what, Lila?" She signs off the check and pays in cash.

"So perfect. Rose. You are just perfect." Her cheeks turn to a deep crimson color. "Thank you, and I can't find a better word than that to describe you."

I smile,"Come on. Let's get back to the hotel." The drive is just as fun as the dinner date. We sing at the top of our lungs to the radio.

Once we pull into the hotel, I grab our things from the car, and we head up. "I'll jump in the shower." I tell her, grabbing some pajamas and a towel.

"Go ahead, I'll change out here." She responds. I lock the door behind me, and turn on the shower to heat up while I take off my clothes.

The water feels soothing as it runs down my back. After standing there for a few minutes, I grab the miniature bottle of shampoo and lather my hair up.

I can hear Rose turn on the TV from outside the bathroom.

I hurry and finish washing up, and hop out. I rub coconut oil on my face to help get off my remaining makeup, and rub off the rest with a makeup wipe. Then, I put on a black sports bra and dark red fleece pajama pants.

When I walk out, Rose is laying on the bed watching The Goldberg's on TV. "Hey Lila." She mutters, absorbed in the show.

I lay on the bed next to her, and pull the blanket up over us. "Having fun?" I ask. She grunts in reply. "I think you're tired, Rose. You need to go to sleep."

She rolls on top of me and spreads out her arms,"But I dont waannntt to!" I laugh,"But you have to!"

She sighs, and turns off the TV,"Fine." I switch off the lights, and snuggle under the covers.

"Goodnight Lila." She says, almost pulling out her phone. I grab it from her hand. "No phone. Goodnight means time for bed."

She gives me a dirty look,"Fine."

With that, we both lay down and fall asleep quickly.