Saturday

Dani's POV

Waking up Saturday morning reminded me that not everything in my life completely sucked. For the first time, in a very very long time, I was finally looking forward to something in my life. My hair needed to be straightened and I had no idea what to wear. Going to mom's closet, I look at some of her dresses and choose a red one that tightly hugs my hips. Dad wasn't home, so it didn't matter what I looked like walking out of the house, He'd never approve No matter what I wore anyway.

The shower turned my skin red and made me extremely refreshed. After stepping out of the shower, I look in the mirror at my fading bruise and frown.

Make up should cover it up.

Looking into the mirror, I took my own breath away. The dress hugged my hips and ended just about in the middle of my thighs. I softly shaded around my eyes with a light brown eye shadow and painted my lips with a gentle pink color.

Stepping back from the mirror, my mascara shows how bright my green eyes truly are and I look at the bruise, which is only a small shadow under my left eye.

He won't notice it.

Telling myself that doesn't help, instead i feel my heart begin to race. I have no idea what I would even tell him if he did ask.

I sit on the edge of my bed and put on some heels and buckle them. Standing, I look down at the length of my legs and bit my lips. paleness is never attractive but instead of worrying about everything that could be wrong. instead, I go to the living room and wait.

Just as I sit down, the front door opens. I glance in the direction of it and hear heels. My breath shortly escapes from my lungs and I am able to breathe. Closes my eyes, I hear mom enter the room.

"Wow, you look great! Wait, is that my dress Dani?" I laugh and stand up, looking at her, I now stand 5 inches taller than she with the held on.

"I hope that you don't mind mom. I have a date tonight and I needed something nice." I fumble with my finger nails as I explain everything to her.

Watching her look me over, I bite my lip. Finally she walks to me and pushes hair out of my face and smiles. "You're so beautiful. And so much like your mother at your age." She smiles sadly.

Seeing her in her doctors outfit, I frown slightly. Her hair has turned Sally and pepper gray at the roots and her eyes have new wrinkles that I never really noticed before.

Mom looks at Me as someone pulls into the drive way and I noticed her worried expression.

Joshua's POV

The shower water streams down my chest and stomach as i trim my beard and mustache. The towel wrapped around my waist, I finish doing everything then hurry and get dressed.

Wearing black cowboy boots, a black button down shirt and jeans, I'm ready to go. Glancing at my hat, I decide against wearing it and grab my keys then head out the door.

The drive doesn't take long, considering I seem to want to see her as soon as possible, I hurry and speed through all the green and yellow lights.

Following her directions, I start to slow down. The house is two story, with brick walls and the drive way has bushes going down both sides of it. Pulling in, I cut off the truck, roll up the sleeves of my shirt and then head up to the front door.

I breathe deeply as I look at the porch, hesitant to knock; then finally I get the courage.

The door opens and I practically have to pick my jaw up off the floor. The dress she wears is exquisite and beautiful. Her legs seem to go on forever in the small dress. It hugs around her hips and I look into her eyes. Blush warms her soft cheeks and she ushers me inside. She looks exactly like her mom, beautiful green eyes, high cheek bones and the same blonde hair.

Dani watches as I introduce myself and then she grins at her mom shyly after her mom nods.

I walk her to the truck, open the door and help her in.

"Off we go." She whispers to herself when we had to our destination.