Destination

After six days on continuous sailing, my skin has become a bronzed color and my hair is alittle lighter. In the early morning sunset, Joshua's eyes seem to brighten when he looks out into the distance.

The world has faded from our lives as the journey envelopes our minds away from all the dangers of our reality. But, on this ship, too far from home, we are able to finally be ourselves without wondering who is watching us.

In the distance, land comes into view and Joshua takes my hand in his gently. "Are you ready?" He whispers in my ear. A grin spreads across his face and I can't help but smile. "Aren't I always?" I giggle. Even when the boat docks, I am still uncertain of where we are and he laughs uncontrollably when I glare at him.

"Please! just tell me where we are, baby!" I giggle when he wraps his arms around me and spins me in a circle. "Nope! Its a surprise."

When we are finally off the ship, I look for any signs of where we may be and finally, I see it. "Welcome to Alaska!"

Joshua's POV

Finally, she spots the sign and her mouth drops. I hold back a laugh when she slaps my shoulder. "No way!" She exclaims excitedly. I can't help but realize how her smile lights up the snow covered mountains and even with the view I now have, she is still the most beautiful thing in sight.

Her hair blows in the soft breeze and she pulls me against her to try and keep warm. We have four hours to spare before the ship heads back home and I ask her what she wants to do. But, the plans we want to do are too long for us to get back in time so instead we settle for a nice dinner.