The answer

I felt the great rise to my cheeks and looked at Joshua. I knew what I needed to say but I couldn't get it out. My heart pounded and my hands began to twitch slightly. "I can't. Sorry. No." I say softly.

I see the hurt and the shock written across his face and his brows pull together in confusion. Around us, I see people jaws drop and other men smile and nod. They don't understand. By the look in Joshua's eyes I can tell that he doesn't either. No one ever will but I'm left to be the bad person in this situation.

I know how it looks to an outside looking in... The good boy gets turned down again. But, they don't know about the girl with bruises and an abusive father. They only know what they see. One believe what they just heard.

Joshua's POV

Pain shoots into my chest at her answer. I had it all planned out and she completely turned me down! I thought this would be good enough for her to be with me. Even if her dad is a complete ass, he still doesn't understand the feelings that his daughter and I have for one another. I watch as she steps away from me and walks away. Dumb struck and slightly hurt, I can't bring myself to move and go after her but I know I should.

Finally over being shocked and hurt, I gather my guitar and walk in the direction she did. I walk slowly and wonder what happened. Time passed slowly and my heart still stopped when I seen her by my truck. She seemed jaded and heartless to me right now but still, I helped her into the passenger seat and then jumped into the drivers.

The whole ride was quiet and I was trying to find words to say to her but none came to me. At the cabin, she disappeared into the bedroom and I didn't see her again till around dinner.

It wasn't much. I gathered the McDonald's bag and walked into the living room as she gathered her bag and sat beside me. I looked at my food and tried to find all the jumbled words I wanted to say.

"I'm sorry." She finally whispered. I took her hand and kissed the palm.

"Don't be. It's just too soon." I say, trying to hide this disappointment from my voice.

Dani's POV

I felt the truck moving and looked over at Joshua. He had his jaw set and i knew that i would not be able to change his mind. Even if I had no desire to leave him yet, it didn't matter because he was done with me now and i couldn't blame anyone but myself. This was my fault and i knew that guilt would eat at Me no matter what happened when he dropped me off at home. Fear seemed to swallow me and my heart dropped when I thought of what would possibly happen when i got home. I closed my eyes and dozed off.

Before i knew it, I was home. The goodbye hurt more than anything. There was no hug or kiss. Getting out of the truck, I knew better than to don't that dad was awake and my fears were confirmed when I opened the door and it was jerked violently and I fell into the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So! what do you all think?!?! Should Joshua just leave or stick by her through this and see what happens?

I know that it is a short chapter but I lost my inspiration and once I find it again, you will surly know! I'll try to update some just be patient with!

Any ideas? Feel free to comment or message me!!!