Sweet Getaway

Waking up the next morning I realize just how sore I am. I grab my phone and head for the door, avoiding dad's prying eyes and mom's yells as I slam it behind me. The car is cold but I Dont need to wait any longer. Opening my phone, I send Joshua a quick text.

"I am on my way. Pack clothes for a week. Dont ask questions. Just trust me... Please." I close my phone and begin driving in the direction of his house just as he texts back.

"Shouldn't we talk about this first?" Is his only reply. Giving a short dry laugh, I send him a short reply; no.

His house is beautiful and as I walk up the driveway, I get shy and nervous. He opens the door before I can even knock. Looking at him, I seem to lose my breath and it takes a few seconds before I am able to talk to him. His faded blue jeans and collared shirt tell me he was not ready for this at all but his cowboy boots have the familiar look of readiness that I now see in his eyes. He grabs his bags and puts his and mine in the trunk so the back seat is empty in case one of us need a nap on the ride there. Sitting in the driver seat, I realize that I have no idea how to get where we are going. But, the cabin was already booked and I didn't exactly wish to give away the surprise by having to tell him what was going on. The road stretched before us and we had six hours together, alone, with nothing between us and our destination.

Joshua watches me and lays his hand on my thigh as I drive. The heat from his hand awakens my body but I avoid all the feelings that make my heart race.

I don't love him.. I tell myself through the entire trip.

Finally we stop at a rest stop and I get out to stretch my aching knees. "If you want, I Dont mind driving." He says to me from over the car. I shake my head, still refusing to let him know where we are heading. He looks at Me then shrugs and heads into the store.

Coming back out of the store, he holds three bags and has the cutest grin when he gets into the car. "So, since we have been in this car for two hours and no telling how many more... I bought snacks, drinks and a five hour energy shot for you!" He declares. I down the energy shot and drink some mountain dew with it so it doesn't taste as bad.

After another two hours, he was passed out in the passenger seat and I could not help but notice how at ease he looks. As he slept, he twined his fingers with mine and snored softly.

Finally we were there and I leaned over and bit Joshua's arm playfully. He woke with a start and laughed as he looked around. "Where......" His voice trailed off when he seen the two story cabin in front of us and He blinked then turned to me. "Was this the plan all along?" He asked, a crooked grin playing at his lips. I looked into his eyes and nodded while watching him look up at the cabin.

All the bags were scattered by the front door and we decided to put all of our clothes away and then look around. Two hours later, all the clothes were put away and the snacks were in a cabinet.

Looking around, it was more beautiful than the pictures. The jacuzzi outside over looked the mountains and they seemed to roll by. The rooms were gorgeous, walls made of paneled wood and glorious furniture in every room. It has every girls dream kitchen and a pool table was in the deem area. The master bedroom has a huge bed, layered with silk sheets and soft pillows. The bed seemed to conform to your body when you laid down in it. I grinned and let it do is job, instantly feeling all of my tensed muscles relax. Joshua stood at the for with his arms crossed and smiling at Me.

For once in my life, I knew I'd be the happiest that I had ever been.