Safe and Sound

He made dinner and lit candles. Cinnamon filled the air and I wrinkled my noise uneasily.

What the hell...

"Guessing you don't like cinnamon?" I hear from behind me. I shake my head and He blows out the candles and decided to light different. The smell of my favorite candle filled the space around me and I breathed deeply.

"Much better." I say to him. His smile brightens the room instantly and I watch as he turns on the TV and picks a movie to watch. "I promise to have you have at a decent time." He whispers to me.

My heart races, thinking of dad being there when he dropped my off at home. Shivering slightly, Joshua puts his arm around me protectively and my heart skips an uneasy beat.

I lean my head on his shoulder as we begin to watch "Battlefield".

Unable to pay much attention. I keep looking over at him and He gives me a come-and-get-me grin. I giggle and watch his hand trace patterns on my thigh.

While looking at him, he leans over and kisses me slowly and softly. My heart races and I touch his cheek with my finger tips as he bites my lip. Parting my lips some, his tongue slips against mine and we both pull away breathlessly.

The rest of the night we watch movies and joke around with one another. Barking comes from the other room as we laugh Alittle to loud and He laughs softly.

"I think I need to go check on him" He watches me then stands up and walks out of the room.

After the dog is settled, he puts on another movie called "Meet the Millers" And by the end of it, I've laughed so much that I have started crying.

My cell rings and I look down to see that dad has called me. Checking the time, I curse myself for getting carried away and losing all track of time.

Sharing a gentle kiss, he looks into my eyes and tells me he can take me home.

Joshua's POV

The ride home, my heart felt heavy with grief. Not because her dad was home, I couldn't care less, but because I didn't want to take her home. I want to be able to see her when I wake up.

Pulling the truck over, she looks at Me shocked and smiles when she sees my hands tremble slightly.

"You don't have to take me home, Joshua." She whispers softly.

Bewildered, I look at her and open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

"I know it was a waste of gas, but I'd rather deal with him after I rest, and I also want to stay with you." Blush softens her cheeks as she looks at Me, tender eyes filled with shyness.

I turn the truck around slowly, allowing her to change her mind if she wants, but she never does.

Back at home, I tell her I'll sleep on the couch and she can have my bed, but she refuses. Preferring the floor, she makes a bed out of blankets and lays down next to the bed.

She falls asleep quickly and peace over comes her face.

Finally, after an hour or so of watching her sleep, I doze off into dreamland.