Secret Destination

Joshua's POV

Dani's hair seemed to shine from the passenger seat. After all of the stress of the last few weeks, I decided I had to surprise her. Alaska would be an amazing cruise and lately, I only had her on my mind. Finally, there would be nothing between us and we would have quality time around one another with out having to worry about her dad. Her tank top seemed to hug her waist as she held her hand out the window. The music blared Conway Twitty and Johnny Cash the whole three hour ride and not once did she complain. Everyday seemed to open up new opportunity for me to find myself falling more in love with her.

There was not a doubt in my mind that she would love my surprise. I had planned it for two weeks and my banking account had just enough saved money to spoil her just how I wanted to.

"Where are we heading?" Her smile brightens my heart as she turns the radio down slightly and turns to me. The sparkle in her eyes make me smile and I blow her a kiss.

"That's for me to know and you to find out!" She laughs at my response and turns the radio up louder than it was before.

Her tan legs seem to shine in the sunlight when we stop for a bite to eat. "Bar-b-que!" She exclaims when she steps out of the car and stretches her long legs. Her smile seems flashy in the morning sunlight. Captured by her eyes, I feel her hand slip into mine and she kisses my cheek.

Looking from the outside in, you'd think that the restaurant was in some Podunk town in the middle of no where, but, as we walked in, we were greeted with waiters with tuxedos and Dani turns to me. "Did you know about this?" Her eyes gleam but when I shake my head, her smile never falters.

By the end of lunch, I knew not to take her to eat at this kind of place during an actual date, she would squeeze my wallet till nothing was left. As she ate, off my plate as well, we talked of things we want from our own lives.

Hell bent on not opening up to me, she seemed to beat around certain questions with jokes or changing the subject completely. but, what is the point in really complaining?

Back in the road, she falls asleep on my arm with our fingers twined. It is the closest we've been with all the stress that she's been going through.

Dani's POV

When I wake up, Joshua is staring at me and quickly kisses me. As he pulls away I pull him back into me and kiss him again. I have no idea what is going on with "us" but I love it. His blond hair has grown over his eyes some and his new job has given him stress wrinkles around his eyes. At his age you'd think it would be weird, but my heart races when he looks at me with his blue eyes. Time sure has changed us, and out relationship. Finally, the car stops and I look up at the carnival Cruise ship and glare at him. "We couldn't afford this!" I say Alittle too hatefully and I quickly apologize. His eyes light up with fire and he smiles his crooked smile at me. I can never be upset at him.

It takes us an hour and a half before we really board the ship and it takes my breathe away. walking into the center room, there is golden wallpaper and it reaches up about 200 more feet. Joshua's expression holds joy and pride as he looks at me. The carpet holds small beautiful designs and I take Joshua's hand as we head to our rooms. When we finally get to the room, I notice the towel shaped as a rhino and then glance at Joshua. "You never told me where we were going. I did not see any signs and no one said the place we are going." My thought scatter as I try and figure out where we could be heading through the next few days. Every destination runs through my mind and I glance around.

Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico! As I whispered the names of destinations, he just smiled and glanced at me. "I am not telling you. but, I promise that you will love it!" As he watches me, I Dont even notice him stepping closer until he takes my face in his hands and kisses me with passion.

Breathless.

He pulls away and leaves me in the room alone as he turns the shower on.

When he leaves, I plop on the bed and sigh happily, waiting for him to come back.