Losing Hope

It's been four weeks, the days and too many missed meals. His wounds are having but the had concussion is not helping him any. My stomach growls and I decide to run down to the cafe to get me some breakfast. Joshua's face looks pale so I grab a washrag and softly dab his forehead then kiss his cheek. 

The cafeteria looks peaceful and so welcoming but beyond the white walls and loving smiles, there's a man who's still fighting for his life.

I eat in silence and try to stop thinking of what the doctors are saying. As I eat, I never even notice Chey, who had already gotten her did, sat with me, and is almost done with her plate. "You need to leave him here, Dani. It's obvious that you need a break." She says to me over her food.

I barley hear her as I eat. I barely taste my food as I eat. After I finish my food, I glance at her. "I'm staying here with him till they tell me he's gone. Don't you dare tell me I'm in the wrong for this because you have no idea what you're talking about. So just either stick by me on this, or go away." Shock presents itself in her brown eyes and I get up then throw my plate away.

Back in his room, the nurses are filling his IV and checking his machines. While they work, I watch his features. Trying to decipher if he's still alive or if the life support is just keeping him hanging on.

After a few hours of sitting there, I hear my phone vibrate and grab it.

You need to come home. I've told you this before, Dani. I will come and get you if need be. Get home now!!

I ignore dads text and look up at Joshua. I watch as his chest lifts slowly and then I begin to think of the words that may finally get him to understand how much I really care for him.

The day drags by slowly. Nurses come in regularly to check on him, and his friends stop by often to talk to him. I leave him with them when they enter the room. Mainly because they need there privacy. But, also so I Dont have to think of another lie to tell them about who I am.

And they never ask. They never stop me as I leave the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter is so short. was busy while writing and could not keep my mind on just this story for the time being.

I promise that my next chapter will be longer!!