The Morning After

Joshua's POV

Sunlight streams through the curtains hanging over the windows and I blink against the light. Stretching and yawning, I look over at Dani and smile, replaying last nights events in my head. Leaning over to her I kiss her neck softly and put my hand on her hip. She stirs and smiles, still asleep, then curls herself into me more. I pull her into me, my chest against her back and wait for her to fall back into a deep slumber. Moving her hair away from her neck, I kiss it once more before carefully getting off of the bed.

The kitchen floor is chilly against my bare feet so I rush to my bag to get socks; talking myself out of getting back into bed with her. Putting on my socks I can't help but watch her sleep.

Leaving the room again, I shut the door quietly and head back into the kitchen. Digging through everything that she brought with her, I found pots and pans. Breakfast was easy, considering how she loved Bacon, I decided to make her pancakes with bacon and chocolate milk.

As I cooked, I decided to grab my iPod and listen to music. Closing my eyes, music filled my ears and I lost all track of time. I got some roses that were outside the door and cut them so the stem was long and laid it across her plate then looked around the kitchen. The time on the stove read 8:34 and I knew she would be awake soon. My mind rushed over things that I would need. I placed a napkin beside her plate then set my plate and glass as well.

Dani's POV

I woke up and searched the other side of the bed with my hands and kept my eyes closed. My heart raced at the thought of being awoken to an empty bed and I bite my lip.

Looking down at myself I noticed that I wore his T-shirt and smiled. Getting up, I walked to the mirror and frowned. Brushing my fingers through my hair as I walked, I stopped at the doorway of the kitchen and looked at him shocked. Unnoticed and blushing, I just stand in the doorway. Noticing that he won't turn around, I walk up behind him and slide my arms around his waist and kiss his back softly. He turns around and kisses me then turns the stove off. "I was going to wake you up so I could try to surprise you. Good morning, beautiful." He says as he kisses my nose playfully.

I sit at the table and watch him fix the plates. I smile sheepishly when he takes my hands after he sits down. As we eat, he keeps looking up at Me over the table and I can't help but get shy and nervous.

After breakfast, he doesn't let me help him clean and tells me to go sit on the couch. Alittle frustrated, I still laugh when he comes into the room. He pulls me from the couch and pulls me into him. Slipping my hands around his neck, we start to dance and I can't help but smile.

"Who said you couldn't make your own music?" He whispers in my ear as he pulls out a small rectangle box.

My eyes widen in shock as I look up at him. He grins shyly and takes my hand in his. "I want you to have this" He says as he looks into my eyes and as he opens the box, my best gets caught in my lungs and I get teary eyed.

The necklace is heart shaped with wings and the stone inside it is my birth stone color and I kiss him softly as he puts it on me.