explain the unexplainable

The morning sun streamed through the blinds and I thought back to the dream. I knew sleep was out of the question so I got out of bed, careful not to wake Joshua up and walk into the kitchen. The cool tile under my feet reminds me that I'm actually awake. Time seems frozen as i try to think on all the details but as i recover what i seen, sweat invites itself on my brow.

Time seems to pass as I Dont explain everything to the person I never wanted to lose. But, somewhere deep down, I knew he would leave as soon as he found out my secret. 

"When I turned 15, I started drinking and doing drugs a lot. at first, I only smoked Weed, but it was laced with crank and it was never enough for me. soon, I realized that I needed something stronger. During my depression, I was taken advantage of at a rave party. Everything spun out of control and before I knew it, everything was already done. I can't take back what happened to me. I just hope that you actually understand this."

As I continued the story, I refused to look into his eyes. tears threatened to escape from beneath my lids and i turned my face; quickly wiped my eyes and bit my lip.

Joshua's POV

Her green eyes seemed to dull when she explained her past. even just the small amount she had shared showed me a part of her I never thought I'd be able to see. When she turns away, I tilt her chin up and she starts crying. Her eyes get puffy and I pull her into my arms.

"I am so sorry, Dani. I am here."

My words echoed off the endless wall around her heart and I knew she wouldn't open up to me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this chapter is short but I can't exactly focus on this right now . I will add more soon. thank you for the patience.