Regret

I lay stiffly in bed, trying to ignore the aching pain in my ribs. But, memories tormented me as I tried sleeping. Tossing and turning in bed didn't help my bruising ribs any.

I had just walked into the house and was by the refrigerator. Never even seen it coming and never once thought that the pain would shoot up my side and make me light headed. The kitchen smelt of Jack Daniels and I was too caught up in myself to realize that dad had seen Joshua when he dropped me off. The long dreaded goodbye just seemed to have escalated quickly in dad's mind and before I knew it, I was in a ball beside the refrigerator in the tiny corner. He swung the bat a few more times, making contact with my shoulder as well.  My ribs throbbed and I trembled while thinking of him hitting me. Lifting my shirt, I still seen the shape of the bat he used. it's wood should have cracked a rib, but there was no way of telling. It was not like I could go to the hospital anyway.

They would only ask questions that I would not be able to answer. Their accusations would be right, but there was no way I'd ever be able to truly look anyone in the eyes after this has happened. Time blurred by as I tried waiting for the sun to peak through the curtains but still, my phone didn't vibrate and no matter what, I knew I deserved him being made at Me. But, I couldn't bring him into this as well.

Dad's screamed echoed in my mind and I slipped forget into bed, catching the last few chances if actually have at sleeping.

I finally woke around 4 and looked at my phone. My heart leapt when I thought it might be Joshua but instead Chey was waiting for a reply. Disappointed Alittle, I read her texts and send her a quick reply.

In the shower, hot water ran down my tender skin and I hells back whimpers back as I bathed and dried off. I slipped into a baggy T-shirt and yoga pants as I waited for her to honk. After an hour of waiting, I heard her car pull into the drive and grabbed my bag. Dad was not home so I got away easily, but it was coming back inside that I was actually worried about. Chey's car was lower to the ground then I remembered and I couldn't help but wince as I sat in her seat. Glancing sideways at me, her eyes widened when she watched my face. "What the hell happened?!?!" She practically screamed at Me. I winced at the loudness of her voice and she quietly apologized to me. I struggled through the story and Joshua and I and at times I had top look over at her to be sure that she was really even listening to me.

Tears brimmed her eyes as she listened to everything and I felt horrible asked everything when I explained how I turned him down. She glared at Me when I explained what dad had done as I got home and I could not help but start crying as I realized how stupid I had been.

Joshua's POV

I got decent sleep through out the night and when I woke up, I searched for my phone. Unfortunately for me, I was so drunk last night that I threw it against the wall and broke it. Anger swelled in my chest as my headache throbs behind my eyes. Walking down to the kitchen, I grab a bottle of water and chug it down easily. After four pills, and two hours later, my massive headache subsides but I still feel the effect of the alcohol in my system.

Finally able to sleep deeply, I decide to go back to bed.